Add tables Dialogue Box. (1 Viewer)

deletedT

Local time
Today, 13:59
I'm sorry if it's old or have been discussed before. But I was so excited that even didn't bother to search for this.

I always hated the Add Tables dialogue box or window in queries design view. Most of my databases has a lot of tables and it was hard to find the correct table between 50 more or less tables and queries, and add it to the design view. I normally felt it much easier to write the sql of a query in the sql view panel.

Today, while in a query design view, i clicked Add Tables context menu instead of Sql View. And to my surprise, I saw a completely new dialogue box with possibility to search for a query or a table.

How long this has been around and I wasn't aware of it?

2020-06-22_16-39-56.jpg

Now that one of my three wishes have come true, I'm waiting for the remaining 2.
In forms' property sheet, I need the possibility for searching for
a)Objects
b)Properties
of a form.

I hope Microsoft adds adds these two too.

Thank you.

Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
Microsoft 365.

deletedT

Local time
What makes it more comfortable is that tables and linked tables have their own different tabs.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I'd agree been around for about a month.

I find it's very helpful that it splits linked tables and local ones as I have frequently have copies of lookup tables stored locally to speed things up. it means I don't forget and use the Server version by mistook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom