Adding a margin to a combo box... (1 Viewer)

sdp_tws

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:58
...is it possible? At them moment my combo boxes look odd compared to the text boxes.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 09:58
I don't think there is a way to add a margin to a combo box, or a text box for that matter.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 23:58
yes. it should be the same property as your textbox: format | left margin etc...

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 09:58
yes. it should be the same property as your textbox: format | left margin etc...

Thanks wiklendt - I never knew that about a text box. But I couldn't find the property for the combo box - ?

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
create an empty first column, and set the width to a mm or so. this will give you a margin on the left, do the same for a final column and you have a margin on the right.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Why would you want a margin on a textbox or combobox come to think of it. Never have or ever wnated to do it, as far as I can see you are only adding to the width of the control and ultimately the form.

David

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 23:58
i don't always use it, but sometimes it looks amateurish to have the text bumped up right against the border of the containing box. a little margin sometimes looks nice - think of a letter on a page, does it look better with the text written to the very pixel of the page, or with a little margin?

Ken - not sure if combobox margin is only available in 2007? i don't have previous veison to compare at the moment... (if prev. don't allow you, Dennisk's solution might be worth a try)

Attachments

• margin textbox.jpg
    margin textbox.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,015
  • margin combo.jpg
    margin combo.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 991

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom