Adding a record to a nested form shows wrong record (1 Viewer)

eatraas

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:00
Hi,

we have some nested forms, on the lowest level adding a record goes well but just as it saves another record is shown. Reloading the form shows the correct records.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Regards

Erwin

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Erwin. Could the form/subform may be navigating to the next record unintentionally?

eatraas

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, not that I'm aware of, it is a spreadsheet-like form connected via a field on the parent form.
Loading the forms show the correct data, just after entering new data is shows another completely unrelated record.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi, not that I'm aware of, it is a spreadsheet-like form connected via a field on the parent form.
Loading the forms show the correct data, just after entering new data is shows another completely unrelated record.
Any way you can share a sample copy of the db with test data?

eatraas

Registered User.
Local time
I'm glad you are willing to help but I will not be able to share this database, it is a database of a client of mine. It is also rather big and connected to an internal SQL database.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I'm glad you are willing to help but I will not be able to share this database, it is a database of a client of mine. It is also rather big and connected to an internal SQL database.
In that case, I don't know what I can recommend for you to check. I'll have to see it in action and review any codes used to be able to trace what's happening and maybe discover the cause of the problem. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom