Adding additional fields not selected? (1 Viewer)

BLT1976

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:46
Thanks to anyone who can provide an answer to this fairly simple question.

I am building a form for insurance enrollment that pulls data from 3 queries. In the original design of the form with the Wizard, I selected the fields I needed from each query. HOWEVER, now I need to add another field from another query that was not in the original group. How do I do this? When I tried to change the Record Source on the properties box to add a field, it screwed up the rest of the report and demanded I enter the parameter value for all the other fields.

I am frustrated and appreciate any assistance.

Brandon

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
Go to the design of your form and look at the query behind the form, then find the field that you are looking for and double click on it to add the to the rest of the fields.

BLT1976

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks...question though

I can see how this works in a form. However, can you do the same thing for a report? If yes, how so?

Brandon

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
For reports is the same thing again. You have to go to the desgin of the report and look at the query behind the report. You have to remember that when you make your report or form from the wizard and wizard asks you from what table or query, that means that your report and forms are coming from the tables and queries. Now if you want to change anything, like adding a field you always have to go behind the design of your form and query to pull the information out of your table or query :)

BLT1976

Registered User.
Local time
Got it...but still one more question

Sohaila-

You are helping me SO MUCH. Thanks! I saw how adding a field into the query adds the field into the form or report. HOWEVER, my problem is that I never based my report SOLELY on one query or table. Rather, I pulled assorted fields that I needed from each one. So:
*Can I still pull in other fields to be used in the Report if its not based on one query?
*Should I build ONE query FIRST that is to include all the fields I want in my Report and THEN build my report?
It seems I went a complicated route and there is an easier way.

Thanks for the help.

Brandon

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:46
Your report's recordsource is only capable of referencing a single query. A query can join many other queries and tables to produce a single recordset usable by a report.

BLT1976

Registered User.
Local time
YEAH!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED! I finally think I am beginning to get a better understanding of this program. I ran it all into one query and then built the report off that. It's great. Thanks Pat and Sohaila.

Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom