Adding Text Boxes / New table fields (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Eric Fitzgerald
  • Start date
E

Eric Fitzgerald

On a DataBase I am working on & trying to "renovate" for an office i work at, there is a "main form," with Name, address, phone #'s boxes, and then a side form. This Database is linked to at least twenty different tables of information. (i did not build this form, i am trying to pick up where others left off) my question is how do i add a field (i.e. fax number) and link it to the numerous tables like the other fields are? these are "unbound text boxes" mind you... any help would be great!

eric

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:47
First make sure that the fax field is set up within your underlying table. Next look at the properties for one of the other fields in the form. You might be able to copy one of the existing fields, changing the name and then just changing over the underlying source for the field to capture your fax information.

E

Eric Fitzgerald

I've tried copying other text boxes.... i added the text box for "fax number", but when i enter the fax number on the form, it stays there regardless of any other information i bring up. Like if i have a school up, with phone, address, and district, then add the fax and press a "modify school" button, i do it, and when i bring up another school, the fax number i entered doesnt dissappear. so how do i link the fax text box to the table like all the other text boxes are linked?

(and thank you for replying!)

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
If I were you I would start a new form using the form wizard. It seems you have too many unbound controls on your form that you are confusing with the actual fields.

HTH

E

Eric Fitzgerald

No no no... making a new form from scratch would take at least a year... this is a very complex sophisticated form, developed by a true professional. I know my way around Access a little bit, but this is top notch programing. There has to be a way to add a new field.... the "field list" button in design view is grayed out... if i could use that, then i could add the Fax text box... why would it be grayed out???? PLEASE HELP!!!

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Why do you need the Fax field in more than one table?

What are these twenty tables related to the main table storing?

Twenty seems excessive.
Are you sure that it has been set up correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom