Advertisement Claims

ColinEssex said:
I was clarifying the difference between purple hearts (the drug) and purple hearts (the badge) and to the handing out of Purple Hearts (badges) like Smarties for everything from serious injury to a superficial cut. It seems to have lost its value because almost every serviceman gets one - they're even on ebay!
It wasn't a reference to the US intervention in WW2 - even if it was 2 years late.;)

Incidentally, many people in the UK speak German, Spanish, French, Italian etc - we like to be prepared for the next invasion.

Col

Thanks for the clarification Collin. Saying it like that makes it hard to argue with. Doesn't seem to have the same value as it use to. Also, we were very late in jumping in. Way too late. We had to wait until some mama's, here, decided it was bad enough to get involved. Poor decisions made, at that time. Languages spoken wasn't the real point. If it was then I think we have our bases well covered for anyone to invade. :)

Rich said:
Well actually had we not stood up on our own to Hitler

Yea, tell us how good that was working for ya!

Rich said:
you guys would be speaking a mixture of German/Japanese

How do you figure or is that just a "what if it was to have happened" statement.

ShaneMan said:
Languages spoken wasn't the real point. If it was then I think we have our bases well covered for anyone to invade. :)
Yes, the US immigration policy seems comprehensive to cover most languages.

However, who says invasion? It could happen from within. . . Here's a scenario:

An Austrian in a position of power . . . . . . . . . . recognise the parallel?;)

Col

ShaneMan said:
Yea, tell us how good that was working for ya!

Actually the winning of the Battle of the Britain was a crucial element in the war. If Britain had not won that battle then you would have had two options left. Either Germany would have conquered Europe or Russia would have conquered Europe. Either way the USA would have stood alone against Japan and Russia or Germany. Germany was already preparing long-range bombing raids on US soil. Fortunately the Brits kept an allied presence in the European continent thus halting the advancement of such plans and halting the potential advancement of Russia once they reached Berlin.

What could have happened if Russia and the US had met in Berlin without any other allied influence?

dan-cat said:
Either Germany would have conquered Europe
They occupied most of Europe.

Dan-cat said:
Either way the USA would have stood alone against Japan
According to hollywood, the US was the only fighting force in the South Pacific:rolleyes:

Col

dan-cat said:
Actually the winning of the Battle of the Britain was a crucial element in the war. If Britain had not won that battle then you would have had two options left. Either Germany would have conquered Europe or Russia would have conquered Europe. Either way the USA would have stood alone against Japan and Russia or Germany. Germany was already preparing long-range bombing raids on US soil. Fortunately the Brits kept an allied presence in the European continent thus halting the advancement of such plans and halting the potential advancement of Russia once they reached Berlin.

What could have happened if Russia and the US had met in Berlin without any other allied influence?

Thanks Cat for pointing out how I sounded. I didn't mean to imply that only because of the US everything came out OK. I was just trying to say if we had not showed up, I think the results would have been much different. I have always thought we needed Britian and they needed us. Without either one the results would have been different. Also, Russia figures into this too.

ShaneMan said:
Thanks Cat for pointing out how I sounded. I didn't mean to imply that only because of the US everything came out OK. I was just trying to say if we had not showed up, I think the results would have been much different. I have always thought we needed Britian and they needed us. Without either one the results would have been different. Also, Russia figures into this too.

If you would like a discussion in which both participants will benefit I suggest not taking Col too seriously. ;) I have spent most of my morning pointing out his inappropriate behaviour and the words "deaf ears" spring to mind.

dan-cat said:
If you would like a discussion in which both participants will benefit I suggest not taking Col too seriously. ;) I have spent most of my morning pointing out his inappropriate behaviour and the words "deaf ears" spring to mind.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't been posting too long but I have had a couple rounds with Collin and Rich both. When it's all said and done they seem to be alright. I think they just like pulling everyone's pigtails.:p

Kraj said:

There should be a punctuation mark to indicate that you realize a word may be misinterpreted but that you mean it just as you've spelt it - :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom