Against forum rules? (1 Viewer)

Alfisdad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:48
Before I post something that will get me in trouble with the moderators :eek: I just want to check...

I work for a small company and at the beginning of the summer there were 3 of us software developers, building and maintaining MS Access-based systems (with mostly SQL back-ends although some have Access back-ends) as well as a few .NET applications (in which all our new projects are built). We lost one of them in September and the other one is going mid-January, just leaving lil' ol' me to look after the whole bang shooting match.

It's pretty hard finding good MS Access developers and, given that there's going to be a lot of good MS Access developers on this forum, it would seem the perfect place to ask if anyone is looking for a new opportunity. However, I want to check that this would not be against forum rules and, if it's not, where it would be best to post it.

Thanks.
David.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Hello David,

I am sure it is against the Forum rules per say. As we do not really follow a book on what to post and what not. Although this website might limit your potential base of finding the right person for the job.

I am not sure what Jon or other Mods and Admins of the site would feel about it. However I do not think there is any harm in trying out your luck.

PS: I am looking for a job actually. Right now, my situation is a little bit complicated. So if you can send me an email (r...@gmail.com), we could discuss a bit.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:48
As far as I know Jon doesn't have a problem with it, and I certainly don't (not interested myself though, the commute would be a killer :p). Try here in the watercooler.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yesterday, 21:48
What?!? It's like 3-4 hours shorter for you! :eek:

That's true. I also live within 10 miles of a good-sized airport. I suppose I COULD commute if the pay were good enough - isn't there even a tax deduction for commutes over a certain minimum distance?

(And that would GUARANTEE an audit, wouldn't it? "Please explain, Mr. Frothingslosh, precisely how you managed to commute 3700 miles twice a day five times a week.")

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:48
I think I heard of some Sears or JC Penny's execs having a commute that long (via private jet). Pretty bad when a company is losing money every year.

Alfisdad

Registered User.
Local time
The salary may just cover the return taxi ride from Heathrow (and perhaps even a Starbucks at the airport!).:)

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
Oh ho, Peterborough. There's a blast from the past. :eek:

I did a four month stint of Access development at our Peterborough office (Orton Goldhay) back in 2000. I think they were trying to get me to move from Kent and out of the London office. :p

Surprisingly enough, I didn't take them up on it. If I had moved I would have probably have ended up been made redundant sooner. :rolleyes:

Mind you, there are more options for remote working and tele-conferencing these days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom