All Tables are displaying as System Tables (1 Viewer)

vhung

Local time
Today, 13:46
None of the tables can be accessed from a front end, in fact they do not show up as tables when trying to link.
very serious tbl problem
>to check the table if link or not might use the MSaccess TableLinkManager
>on the other way tables seems unhidden and could that be some query or field of it is missing/ caused locked
>if it is link to another accdb could be those files accessed to that source is maybe unclosed or modified: disconnect the link
>if could run codes for accdb list errors then might try it
>unhide the hidden tables, use codes or right click
>unlocked the locked pane

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:46
@Thales750
Whilst this issue needs fixing, I forgot to say that if you tick show hidden objects/show system objects in the FE, you will then be able to see all those BE tables in the FE.

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 16:46
The answer is that the Backend was corrupt.

The question was asked if these are actually hidden tables. The answer is no.
Can these table be opened? NO
Can they be linked? NO
Can they be imported into a new Database? NO, with an exception. Here's the tricky part, something is triggering this final stage of corruption.

We took a backup that was still working, this problem has happened 3 and a half times. We caught the problem in the last one as it started to act weird. If the Compact and Repair is used at anytime with any copy of this backend the tables will die.

Here's a shady part. I think it is possible that the customer's IT department has been performing the Compact and Repair. As the system starts to act up I thinks it's possible they have been going in and running it. Which, absolutely destroys the tables.

So I got a still working copy. Imported the table into a Clean Database File, ran the Repair, and it worked. The table stayed intact. We are now waiting to see if it holds up. Hopefully this will give us time to change whatever code needs to be changed to finish the migration to SQL Server.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:46
The answer is that the Backend was corrupt.

The question was asked if these are actually hidden tables. The answer is no.
Can these table be opened? NO
Can they be linked? NO
Can they be imported into a new Database? NO, with an exception. Here's the tricky part, something is triggering this final stage of corruption.

We took a backup that was still working, this problem has happened 3 and a half times. We caught the problem in the last one as it started to act weird. If the Compact and Repair is used at anytime with any copy of this backend the tables will die.

Here's a shady part. I think it is possible that the customer's IT department has been performing the Compact and Repair. As the system starts to act up I thinks it's possible they have been going in and running it. Which, absolutely destroys the tables.

So I got a still working copy. Imported the table into a Clean Database File, ran the Repair, and it worked. The table stayed intact. We are now waiting to see if it holds up. Hopefully this will give us time to change whatever code needs to be changed to finish the migration to SQL Server.
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom