Question Allow Multiple Users to access Reports from Linked Tables (1 Viewer)

Bill Bisco

Custom User Title
Local time
Today, 04:40
Dear all,

I have a database that consists of linked excel tables. I derive reports from these linked excel tables. I routinely have multiple people in my company open up these reports but only one person can be in there at a time; I would really like any number of users to be able to get in the reports and print them. I have made different copies of the database, but I still get an error message like this one

The Linked Tables for every frontend look like this:

I've tried searching but I can't find a fix. Any help is appreciated.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:40
the real alternative is to hold the data tables inside access, rather than excel. you need the company to decide on this.

you could always export the data back out to excel for users to look at, every so often, as long as they accept the data in the spreadsheets is to be regarded as read-only.

Bill Bisco

Custom User Title
Local time
Today, 04:40
Thank you both for your replies.

I see that I am not alone in this desire. I found similar threads:

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59123
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=147352

I found that I could create a command button for users to automatically send the document to be printed. And multiple users could have the database print for them. I just couldn't get multiple users to be able to preview my reports at the same time. For some reason even though I changed all the excel files to shared and I checked the Network Drive folder and everyone has the ability to read write, etc. and Access was set to open up as Shared Mode.

The only thing I can think of is that my access database is in Access 2000 mode. Could that be part of the problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom