Android or iPhone? Which one do you choose? (1 Viewer)

What is your Divice?

• Android

• iPhone

Results are only viewable after voting.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 09:22
Hmm, just noticed Item 5, my iPhone connects to my Desktop and my main Laptop and syncs with my iPad, not sure why it is only allowing you to connect to only one PC.
According to Apple Music copy rights, you can sync your iphone to only 1 PC. As soon as you try to sync your music library on another PC, you receive a warning that iTune has to delete all media on iphone to be able to sync with this PC.

This is from iPhone faq:

Edit : it seems that Apple doesn't allow syncing iPhone with multiple PCs. You need a 3rd party sync manager to bypass this limit and it's against iPhone policy to use third party sync managers.

Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
@GinaWhipp
One more point. Android users don't sync their device. I may have 1000 songs on my pc, but I don't want to send all to my device. I only select the song that I need in windows explorer and send it to my device. That easy.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:22
Oh, music well no worries for me there. I was thinking of files, only use Desktop for development.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:22
@GinaWhipp
One more point. Android users don't sync their device. I may have 1000 songs on my pc, but I don't want to send all to my device. I only select the song that I need in windows explorer and send it to my device. That easy.
My music on my iPad, I only have a limited number of music on my iPhone, don't want it all there as I only listen to it on my phone when flying. So, yeah you can choose what to select to send to other devices. Should also note, iTunes was discontinued and split between Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Podcasts.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
According to Apple Music copy rights, you can sync your iphone to only 1 PC. As soon as you try to sync your music library on another PC, you receive a warning that iTune has to delete all media on iphone to be able to sync with this PC.

This is from iPhone faq:

Edit : it seems that Apple doesn't allow syncing iPhone with multiple PCs. You need a 3rd party sync manager to bypass this limit and it's against iPhone policy to use third party sync managers.
My old dive buddy had an iPhone and liked his music. He insisted on keeping it on an external drive, even though he had a 1TB drive in his laptop. :(
However he was constantly forgetting to plug in the drive before ripping new music. Apple never once complained that the library was not available and just chucked the music somewhere.

Then he would be calling me from the USA (I live in the UK) to help find where it went. :)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Never Liked iPhone Allways seemed you were paying for a name, I use a Samsung S9+ at the moment with a 120Gb Card which I really need to increase I use the phone as a 3rd bakup but only backup to it every now and again.

deletedT

Local time
at the moment with a 120Gb Card which I really need to increase
By card you mean SD card? or internal memory?
And you have 120GB space and need more? what do you keep in your phone? And why not copying unwanted or less-used files to a external drive or cloud?

Dreamweaver

Local time
I have a large audio book collections and a very large Music Collection There is about 128Gb on main phone. I'm not at work at the moment but use it all the time at work listerning to books/music, I really detest copying files from one place to another when I think I will need them hence the space.
It also uses my one drive as my music collection is 325Gb I store the ones I listern to all the time on the phone.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I actually only went for the latest fancy 6" phone instead of my old Galaxy Ace as I wanted a new mp3 player.
I bought a Oukitel C15 Pro and put a 128GB card in it. Now I have all my music with me (my old mp3 player was a Creative Jukebox, the size of a portable CD player :)) and I can use the spare sim slot for my charity calls. However I bought it mainly to be a new mp3 player as large capacity players appear to have dropped off the market or priced beyond my reach.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I used to have a Galaxy Ace, I Kept running out of space
That is one gripe I have about Android. Some apps insist on being on the phone. The Kindle even has an option to move to card, but I cannot even get updates as it always complains no space. :(

I believe Android updates just sit alongside each other thereby taking up more space, so you can roll them back if need be.?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Thats why I got the S9+ As it has 128gb internal and a max of 400Gb Sd card, I use both kindle and audable and have over 500 Audble books not on drive all time as I can download when needed but I also have a collection of audo books (277Gb) I downloaded years ago.

I like to keep track of when I listerned to a book last as I listern and work I can listern to them more than once it's in my free to use programs downloads.

deletedT

Local time
I never keep my music library, nor anything else on a device. It's too risky for me. You switch it on and it's gone. You will never know. Just like a Pc.
I keep them on cloud.

You need a cloud music player.

Dreamweaver

Local time
I never keep my music library, nor anything else on a device. It's too risky for me. You switch it on and it's gone. You will never know. Just like a Pc.
I keep them on cloud.

I have backups of everything on onedrive, I learnt the hard way about backing everything up as lost a number of programs I had built because I hadn't backed up
Now I backup daily and tag the day onto the end of the folder so I have at least 3 days of backups for projects in my developments folder.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I keep them on cloud.

@Tera
You don't think I am stupid enough to keep all my music in only one place do you. :(

I ripped my CDs when I was on dialup. A lot of work went into that, and even with broadband I would not like to have to do it again.
I have a copy on my laptop, another on a NAS with mirrored drives, copied to yet another NAS mirrored with even larger drives. :)
Plus my phone, as USB stick, and my Kindle.

Admittedly, if my house burnt down, I'd be crying, but I could give a drive to a friend of mine to store for me if I was that concerned. :)

deletedT

Local time
My mus
@Tera
You don't think I am stupid enough to keep all my music in only one place do you. :(

Never.
I was just surprised to see carrying so many files on a phone.

Let me tell you this.
My music library is less than 1Gb. These are really very rare music I can't find anywhere else.
I have youtube that allows me to listen to anything.
I have an Amazon prime account for on-line shopping that gives me access to several million music on-line, anywhere, anytime.
I have a spotify account, paying almost $9.99 with unlimited access to any song.

I have office 365 which gives me 3T space.
I have a $9.99 paid account in Dropbox giving me 5T space
I have set Dropbox to backup from One drive.

So, it means I don't have actually any local file anywhere. I don't worry about backup validation, or if the drive is healthy.
And I have all my files anywhere I go.

Edit: we have extreme earthquakes here. So nobody is sure what happens tomorrow. So I tend to work in cloud.
You don't normally face disasters, so working locally maybe fits you best.

Dreamweaver

Local time
I thought microsoft 365 came with 1 tb space maybe I've missed an update?

deletedT

Local time
Office 365 for personal comes with 1T
Family plan comes with 6T
Business plan comes with 3T

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom