Animal Lovers Anonymous (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 07:21
Maybe some of the PETA bunch should take a lesson from the alcoholics.

GURNEE, Ill. - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Six Flags Great America to scrap its Halloween-themed cockroach-eating promotion.
A spokeswoman for the animal rights organization says the contest at the amusement park's FrightFest is "gratuitously cruel."
The park in Gurnee, Ill., is joining other Six Flags parks in offering unlimited line-jumping privileges to anyone who eats a live Madagascar hissing cockroach. The bugs are up to three inches long.
The contest begins next month.
Amusement park officials are defending their menu choice. Great America spokesman Jim Taylor says the bugs are nutritious, high in protein and fat free.

msp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:21
Should this not be in the "What do you eat" thread? :p ;)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
msp said:
Should this not be in the "What do you eat" thread? :p ;)

LOL, that's a good one.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
That's truly sad. You might as well say that every hot dog eating contest is cruel to Chickens, Pigs, and Cows becase they have almost no nutritional value.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 13:21
jsanders said:
Maybe some of the PETA bunch should take a lesson from the alcoholics.

You mean stop eating and continue drinking ? :rolleyes:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
mmm... grilled cockroaches with '85 Chateau Roland. Never tried that, but sounds interesting ;)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Is the objection the fact that the roaches are live?

Brian

I don't know Brian, I was just hoping to start a laugh thread. It looks like it worked, a little.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
jsanders said:
I don't know Brian, I was just hoping to start a laugh thread. It looks like it worked, a little.

This guy was amused :

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
I laughed quite heartily when I first read the news article. So much so, I decided to share with the wife. The bunny hugger was not amused:eek: In fact, she was quite aghast that PETA wasn't already doing something about it...which lead into a "theroetically cockroaches aren't animals, so it's not within the purview...".

Didn't win that one either:( :D :D

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 20:51
Amusement park officials are defending their menu choice. Great America spokesman Jim Taylor says the bugs are nutritious, high in protein and fat free.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
OK, I'll give props to PETA for standing up for animals but bugs? Seriously? What's the big deal? Does PETA form picket lines around every wasp nest under a gutter so the home owner can't spray it? Do they boycott stores that carry ant traps? Do they pelt exterminators with buckets of gooey bug remians? No. So why, exacty, are they singling out Six Flags? It's just stupid.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Kraj said:
OK, I'll give props to PETA for standing up for animals but bugs? Seriously? What's the big deal? Does PETA form picket lines around every wasp nest under a gutter so the home owner can't spray it? Do they boycott stores that carry ant traps? Do they pelt exterminators with buckets of gooey bug remians? No. So why, exacty, are they singling out Six Flags? It's just stupid.

Sorry Kraj, I thought it was sort of funny.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:21
Reminds me of a funny tee shirt I saw at a big BBQ rib festival here last month:

People for the
Eating of
Tasty
Animals

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
pbaldy said:
Reminds me of a funny tee shirt I saw at a big BBQ rib festival here last month:

People for the
Eating of
Tasty
Animals

rolling on the floor.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
Sorry Kraj, I thought it was sort of funny.
Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's funny too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom