Another Issue (1 Viewer)

jltomodashi

Local time
Today, 09:02
Dear young people of the universe...

I have another problem which I believe is VBA related...

Sometime ago my PC at work explosed (with a bang) and my boss kindly up graded my PC, which have the all-new-WinXP. Access remained as 97...

Since then some times after I run modules and tried to close the Database it leaves behind the "ghost-screen" of access which doesnot have the database screen (i.e. the database is closed, but the programme is not) and cannot be closed with the x button, nor the Close command (file menu), I have to result into Force close it with task manager.

everytime it asks me if I want to send a message to Microsoft, which I did for couple of time but obviously nothing happen from their side...

do you have similar experience and how to get around it... it is not really big issue but it is little annoying things that counts, no?

thanks in advance

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:02
Do you use any ActiveX Controls?

Do you open recordset in code without making sure they are explicitly closed?

jltomodashi

Local time
Today, 09:02
well, It closed properly in the pre-XP PC, so I would think straight away it is related to XP...

and I do have ActiveX control now.. it still happen..

JL

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:02
What could be happening is that the ActiveX Control is not properly being closed down.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:02
I read somewhere that this happens if you don't close objects such as recordsets after finishing with them. Look for code where you open an object but don't close it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom