Any issues with win 11 (1 Viewer)

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Today, 23:21
Hi guys

I run .mde on .mdb in win 10 all these while, there are no issues. I love old versions of msaccess because it is beautifully light and can serve database needs well.

However when i try in on win 11, it seems .mde falters (don;t know what exactly, to be investigated) . I suspect it has something to do with Smart App Control that has AI as its partner.

I have not really tango with win 11 hands-on so this thread is a exploratory quest to engage people who are ahead of me. Please share your experience for me to leap frog.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
recompile first the .mdb on win 11 and resolved the errors found.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 11:21
Any office (or other ) references to older programs in the app will fail.
if the app had ref to office 15 and the pc has off.16 and win11 then it will NOT update the reference.

we are experiencing this. Win10 would automatically update the ref, but not Win11.
so I must make 2 (or more) versions, 1 for each version of office reference, THEN compile it.

KitaYama

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:21
Win10 would automatically update the ref, but not Win11.
so I must make 2 (or more) versions,
If you change the object declaration to late binding instead of early binding, one version of FE on different version of Office/OSes is enough.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:21
If you change the object declaration to late binding instead of early binding, one version of FE on different version of Office/OSes is enough.
@FuzMic
While this may not be your immediate problem, @KitaYama 's suggestion is a great one to remember.
If you serve a version-diverse user population, late binding can be the best gift ever!
It starts to seem less burdensome once you become more proficient (i.e., have more objects/properties/methods committed to memory) in the vba object model of the 'other' office app you are automating.

This is also very helpful, if this seems confusing as to why it would help let me know and I will explain more:
Edit .. I couldn't find it. It was a text file webpage containing the enumerated constant of every excel property - like xlUp and -4161, and you could paste it directly into an Access module and then keep your "copied from somewhere else" code (with early binding excel stuff), and it would still work, kinda cool.
Can't find it any more

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Thank you brothers for the advice & sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom