Append or Update Multi-Value Fields (1 Viewer)

deehutchins

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:31
Good morning any and everyone,

I am in need of some very detailed/step by step assistance and fixing my append/update query. To start I know it is a shame on me moment for using a multi-valued fields because it is a known problem child, but it was a mjor request by my co-workers in the review of the development. :banghead: So, with that being said, I am now being asking to move all the data from one table to another table within the same database with the same column names (with different table names), but the problems is that I keep getting the error fro multi-value fields are not accepted in both the append and/or the update.

Please note: My multi-valued fields have a list of values within them e.g. Type of Request has values of BVD, CDA,NF,PA,QL,ST,TL and there a few more like this I need to be able to move the data over regardless of the user choice.

Hope this help to help me......lol

Thanks in advance,
:confused::eek:

deehutchins

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, I seen that Microsoft link already and read it in hopes that it would give me some guide but, I still ran into problems. I was really hoping that someone could probably show me another way like maybe VBA.

Thanks anyway

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 10:31
. I am now being asking to move all the data from one table to another table within the same database with the same column names (with different table names) ...
If it as you write ALL DATA, why not just copy the whole table, (can be done manual and by code)?

deehutchins

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, good so then how would I go about coding it VBA, with multivalue fields? Both tables are of the same exact structure. Like step by step a.k.a VBA for dummies status?

Thanks,

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 10:31
.. Like step by step a.k.a VBA for dummies status?
One line of code:
Code:
DoCmd.CopyObject , "NewNameForTable", acTable, "TableNameToBeeCopied"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom