Application Closes when accessing VB (1 Viewer)

Rats

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:13
I have a program which I designed and has been running fine for quite a while now. I have just returned from leave and find that when I access the code and start to amend it i get a runtime error:-
Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSACCESS.exe
this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I am assuming a problem with the Office installation. I have run Office Install/Repair twice now and all MS Office updates. I have created new databases and copied the contents from the old database across with the same result. All D/B's on my PC do the same thing.

Any ideas anyone?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:13
There's probably a snippet of code that is causing the problem. To figure out which, create your new database and import the objects (tables, queries, forms, macros, reports, and modules) one at a time to see when it dies and then you'll have to get rid of that object and do it over.

Rats

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:13
Hi Bob
Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, this problem is not limited to just one of my databases it occurs in all access databases and the same Db's work OK on other pc's. It's just mine and that is why I thought it is most likely to be a problem with my Office install.

I will be trying an uninstall of office & a reinstall to see if that fixes it. However, if you think I am on the wrong track I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks again

Peter

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:13
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was with one or all. Do the uninstall/reinstall and make sure you have all service packs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom