Are you a Lefty or a Conservative (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:20
I'd also forgotten that those of the left can "believe" that a person breaking into your house deserves some kind of consideration.

Oh, absolutely he does. With gun drawn and aimed, I would be kind enough to ask "Any last words?"

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:20
Which side of the fence are you on?

If a Conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.
If a Lefty/Greenie doesn’t like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.
If a Lefty/Greenie is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Lefty/Greenie is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Lefty/Greenie wonders who is going to take care of him, who he can leach off.

If a Conservative doesn’t like a talk show host or media commentator, he switches channels.
Lefties/Greenies demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A Lefty/Greenie non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Conservative reads this, he’ll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Lefty/Greenie will delete it or go on the attack because he’s “offended”, the truth is offensive to them.
What a great summary, actually. That's just about how I see it too.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:20
Case proven. You immediately assume that deadly force is an appropriate response for all situations. It's why you skip point 2. You don't have the capacity to judge each case on it's merits. You blanket each situation as the same. In much the same way that you blanket me as a greenie. You are not mentally qualified to use deadly force objectively.
If someone breaks into your house while you are inside of it, deadly force is warranted - period, end of story.
So widespread is the agreement on this that we call it the castle doctrine, and it's a hallowed piece of American jurisprudence.

murphybridget

Local time
Today, 21:20
First, I agree - though there were as many as three accordionists on the show including Lawrence himself and Myron Floren.

Second, just be aware that you awakened a 13-year-old thread. You never know what happens when you resurrect such a monster. AND it appears that nothing much has changed since then anyway.
I did not noticed the date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom