Are you an atheist? (3 Viewers)

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 14:00
I came across this site. I would be interested to know how those who believe that the bible is the absolute truth regard these contradictions.
Please don't try to pretend that they don't exist and treat this as a serious question.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 09:00
You know what, screw this.

Other than the 'whackjob' comment, which I'll freely admit was definitely a personal attack, everything else in the post Vassago deleted was a simple statement of fact, based directly on Bladerunner's behavior, statements, and info links provided by him in this thread and the gun control thread.

I get smacked down for that while he's allowed to run around calling me a traitor to my country, a terrorist, and part of a criminal conspiracy to massacre Christians. He posts links to white supremacist sites that are reported and nothing is done about it, and I get my post deleted for simply stating facts.

I'm done contributing here. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:00
Vassago:

Did you and Rabbi think my answer to Anthony was out of bounds?

Blade

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
I came across this site. I would be interested to know how those who believe that the bible is the absolute truth regard these contradictions.
Please don't try to pretend that they don't exist and treat this as a serious question.

I have read most of it Rabbi, but don't really understand what you. Contradictions to what? will be glad to discuss each one individually if that is what you want?

Blade

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Blade, any chance that you could write in English, and Rabbie will be upset that you have changed his religion again.

You did well to read the stuff on that site, it was too hard going for me.

Brian

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Blade, any chance that you could write in English, and Rabbie will be upset that you have changed his religion again.

You did well to read the stuff on that site, it was too hard going for me.

Brian
Brian, I have learnt to be tolerant of Blade's lack of respect although I do find his use of language a little eccentric:D

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Vassago:

Did you and Rabbi think my answer to Anthony was out of bounds?

Blade
Vassago as the forum administrator has the right to make these decisions. I had no part in them and in fact I have not read the deleted posts. I do agree that we all should avoid personal attacks and show each other respect especially when we disagree.

IMO it is OK to say that we think an opinion is wrong but not to attack the person. I know it is sometimes a very fine line but with a little good will we can all keep the forum a pleasant place to visit.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I have read most of it Rabbi, but don't really understand what you. Contradictions to what? will be glad to discuss each one individually if that is what you want?

Blade
Just as a quick example of a contradiction

GEN 1:20, And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

but

GEN 2:19, And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air.

So

in your opinion were the fowls created from the water or from the ground.

Just a simple question for you but since you maintain that the Bible is infallible you need to explain these contradictions.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Rabbi I know you did not have nothing to do with rejecting my post to Anthony. Never the less, here is what my previous post to you should have said: "I have read most of it Rabbi, but don't really understand what you 'want'.." My apologies, it had been a long day and I had very little time to compose and check it before posting it and going to bed. It is getting that time of year where things here get hectic and there will be little time for anything else much less the forum.

I also understand Vassago has the right and that is Ok with me, just did not understand what I said wrong???????????????????????.

Again, you referred that I showed you no or little respect. I simply do not understand this part?

I will be glad to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge and any help I can throw in from the Net.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Rabbie ---got it right. For the life of me I have not seen this error before and I see what another was talking about my changing your religion. lol

It has been an innocent mistake with no thought of disrespect to you or your faith. Again I apologize.

Blade

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Just as a quick example of a contradiction

GEN 1:20, And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
GEN 2:19, And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air.
in your opinion were the fowls created from the water or from the ground.
Just a simple question for you but since you maintain that the Bible is infallible you need to explain these contradictions.

Rabbie if you look at Genesis I & II, at first they look the same and yet they say completely different things chronologically.

Genesis 1 tells us that God created all things in a time period of 6 days.
Genesis 2 gives a summary of how God created all things.

If you look at GEN 1:20, And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven......."Let" is not a Create command.....but rather a thought......

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good......

After (their,his) kind is species specific therefore each was specific and separate for each other.

Since Gen 2: is a summary of God's actions in the first six days of creation, it just tells how he made them (creatures and ourselves) and/or from what.

Gen2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air.

To answer your question, Fowls of the air were created using the ground and not water

Blade

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
You know what, screw this.

Other than the 'whackjob' comment, which I'll freely admit was definitely a personal attack, everything else in the post Vassago deleted was a simple statement of fact, based directly on Bladerunner's behavior, statements, and info links provided by him in this thread and the gun control thread.

I get smacked down for that while he's allowed to run around calling me a traitor to my country, a terrorist, and part of a criminal conspiracy to massacre Christians. He posts links to white supremacist sites that are reported and nothing is done about it, and I get my post deleted for simply stating facts.

I'm done contributing here. So long and thanks for all the fish.

You admit that the post went over bounds but seem upset it was deleted? I'm confused. Nobody "smacked down" anyone. I thought our conversation was rather light-hearted. I'm sorry you felt like you were the only one it was directed toward. I'm also sorry to see you make the decision to leave because of it.

I don't read every post in every thread. I also don't see all reported posts as the moderator staff here is definitely heavily involved in keeping the reported posts in check. If you feel like any reported post is not handled correctly, you can certainly reach out to me directly and I'll be happy to look into it.

Sure, he might post links to some heavily opinionated and controversial sites, but I haven't seen anything in the articles that directly looks racist or otherwise offensive. I admit though that again, I may have missed them. Please direct me to a post in question.

Your entire post was full of rather strong opinions directed at another member. That's why it was deleted. It's not permanently deleted, I invite the site's moderators to review it as well and certainly let me know if they feel I went too far.

I also deleted the posts directly related to that post that led to the personal attack. I know that some of them were pretty tame, but in order to not further instigate the situation, I felt it was best to remove them as well as they didn't really serve much substance either.

If you didn't receive a message from me, you are fine and there was nothing necessarily wrong with your post, it was just too tied in with the offensive posts.

I hope that clears it up. :)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Sure, he might post links to some heavily opinionated and controversial sites, but I haven't seen anything in the articles that directly looks racist or otherwise offensive.

This was the post in question, I reported it at the time and informed Blade of it. No response from the moderators nor withdrawal from Blade.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Rabbie: I ran across this post of yours , I believe it to be #1579, you stated in a conversation to another member this paragraph:
"To a large extent since the Theory of Evolution is accepted by many Christians it is no longer a key part of the argument. Certainly in Britain and Europe the theologians in general go for the line that their god kick-started life on this planet and then allowed evolution to take its course. I know this is in contrast with the creationist theory but that seems mainly to be USA based."

I think this goes in line with the debate we were having. I was still trying to figure out to what degree the Churches of Europe agreed with evolution. Do you have articles, etc. concerning the opinion you provided above?

Blade

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
This was the post in question, I reported it at the time and informed Blade of it. No response from the moderators nor withdrawal from Blade.

I don't see anything inherently racist about the article. I will say it's probably poor taste to post articles from a website that clearly tries to dodge the line between racist and not, but doesn't quite hit the mark with some of the "news" headlines on the left.

Is this the only link reported?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom