Are you an atheist? (4 Viewers)

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters
R

Rich

The number of posts you have does not affect your ability to get jelloes, only your ability to give reputation points, thus Rich with some 19000 posts in the waterooler and half a dozen in the technical areas can give more reputation points than somebody like me whose the other way round % wise.
(Now where is that tongue in cheek smilie)

Brian

Well I hate to be pedantic but the true post count is in excess of 30,000, so there must be at least 11,000+ posts on the main boards:cool::p

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 16:33
Well I hate to be pedantic but the true post count is in excess of 30,000, so there must be at least 11,000+ posts on the main boards:cool::p

30,000!?! If you keep it up surely the odds are in your favor that you will say something significant some day :p

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 21:33
The number of posts you have does not affect your ability to get jelloes, only your ability to give reputation points, thus Rich with some 19000 posts in the waterooler and half a dozen in the technical areas can give more reputation points than somebody like me whose the other way round % wise.
(Now where is that tongue in cheek smilie)

Brian

Thanks Brian, that makes me feel better. :D
I'll get back to what I do best then :p, idle chit chat ;):D

MammAfrica

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:33
I am a Christian. I believe in God. I do not need proof. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe He died for my sins on a cross 2000 years ago. I believe you will burn in hell if you are an athiest.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I am a Christian. I believe in God. I do not need proof. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe He died for my sins on a cross 2000 years ago. I believe you will burn in hell if you are an athiest.

But if Jesus died for our sins, and it's a sin not to believe in God, we're ok then, right? ;)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
With great respect I believe you are mistaken.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 13:33
With great respect I believe you are mistaken.

I agree and I believe some people need to take a number...

...unless they have one of these...

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I have met a lot of people who do really good things, would never harm a fly, and that's not just a metaphore, but don't believe in Jesus. I've also met a lot of bad people who do believe in Jesus (including a murderer).

If he is the key to eternal life - and face it, a lot of us are having such a hard time in this one they really don't want it to last for ever - does he truly not care if people follow his teachings, just as long as they believe that he will save them? That doesn't sound like the man I read about in the New Testiment, perhaps I mis read him.

The loving God that is discussed in the King James bible, or even better the Good News bible says that he loves man, and send his son to die for our sins so that we don't need to experience the burning fires of hell.

I think it's this hell fire and brimstone approach that has turned people away from the church. It's a shame, because I used to like seeing people all dressed up in their finery going to church on a Sunday. Until I did it myself once, we sang "all things bright and beautiful" and half the congregation were wearing the "creatures... small".

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

If that is what you are brainwashed to believe then that is fine, as long as you don't try to inflict it on others.

How do you know christianity is the definitive religion, and not Hindu or Muslim or Buddhist? (for example)
I'm sure followers of those religions are equally as passionate as you. How do you know they are wrong and you are right?
Will they go to hell for following the "wrong" religion?

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I once discussed the business of belief and hell with a good practising Christian and said
" If he is our loving merciful Father and I have led a good life but cannot bring myself to believe, surely he will fogive me and I will live in one of his many mansions, it may be a 2 up 2 down not a 5 bed with ensuites but i can live with that."
and she replied
"And if he is not a loving merciful Father we are all in deep shit as we have all sinned at some time"

Brian

MammAfrica

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:33
You people are way too clever for me! I will not even try to respond to questions, let alone go into a fierce discussion on the why’s and how’s. I simply stated what I believe. I did not intent to take the "hell fire and brimstone" approach - sorry if it came out that way. I have no intention of inflicting my beliefs on anyone. I'm simply giving my honest opinion. I've been following this thread for a while now, and I see non-believers making fun of believers, not the other way around. Even the jokes are in bad taste.

I am not a Christian because I was brainwashed. I choose to be a Christian. I want to be a Christian. I am also not a Christian because I'm scared I'll go to hell if I'm not. I hardly ever talk about the hell. I raise my children to be Christians – not out of fear, but love. And please, I’m not saying love is restricted to Christians! I look around me and see many non-Christians. I see goodness, I see love, I see success, happiness, peace…etc. So, yes. I agree 100%. Many good people do not believe. Many bad ones do.

I once asked a Muslim friend of mine if she has experienced any miracles. And she said yes, she has. How do I explain it? I cannot. Who am I to say the Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist have the “wrong” religion?

The only single thing I will say with conviction about others is that I believe an atheist will go to hell. I also think many so-called “Christians” are going to hell.

Everything I said here will probably be pulled apart and I will probably be ridiculed. So be it. I believe. That is it. Simple. I believe. VIVA GOD, JESUS and THE HOLY SPIRIT!

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
You people are way too clever for me!

Not so much clever as curios, honest.

I will not even try to respond to questions, let alone go into a fierce discussion on the why’s and how’s. I simply stated what I believe. I did not intent to take the "hell fire and brimstone" approach - sorry if it came out that way. I have no intention of inflicting my beliefs on anyone.
I'm sure you'll find that our replies are not aimed at you specifically, they are much more of a question mark, we are not blessed with your faith that there is a God and are merely trying to figure it out. Nothing personal at all.

I see non-believers making fun of believers, not the other way around. Even the jokes are in bad taste.

People are always making fun of each other on this site, I'm sure nobody takes it seriously. You should read the politics section! :eek: They are always ribbing each other, not just their beliefs but actually having a go at each other, and it's rare for anyone to take offence, it's all just banter. The watercooler is, I understand, a place to relax and chat, talk nonsense... It would be a very bland world if we all agreed with each other, differences in opinion make life so much more interesting. [/quote]

Simple. I believe. VIVA GOD, JESUS and THE HOLY SPIRIT! [/FONT][/COLOR]

Good for you, you stick up for yourself, your beliefs and I, like most of the others will defend your right to do so until the bitter end. I may not agree, but I applaud your stand :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom