Question Auto append or calculate monthly (1 Viewer)

weilerdo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:54
Hi Everyone, So I can't seem to figure out what or how to do this one. I have a table that has the following fields Asset_ID, purchase_price, date_ purchased, life_cycle, and salvage. What I need to be able to do is somehow track and be able to see the current value of an asset. So for example if I buy a server for 2500.00 in Jan 2012 and I set the lifecycle to be 72 months, and I say the salvage is 100.00 then I would take 2500.00 subtract 100.00 would be 2400.00 and divide that by 72 months would be 33.33 dollars a month all of that is the easy part now I need to have it somehow calculate that lets say this month is would be 18 months since I purchased it so it would deduced 1800.06 from the 2400.00 to give me the current value of the asset.

I was thinking if I could have access calculate the monthly rate IE 33.33 for that asset and append that amount on the first day of each month to a depriciation table or something. Any ideas would be extremely helpful

KenHigg

Local time
How about this:

With the equipment record, store the values of the purchase date, purchase price, the salvage price, the number of months to depreciate it out. Then the only other value you need is the number of months since purchase which can calculate with date functions.

KenHigg

Local time
One quick and simple way is to lock it unless you double click it, which un-locks it. There are a number of good ways. You could set it to locked / unlocked in the on current event based on null/not null...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom