Auto Fill null values (1 Viewer)

ethan.geerdes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:49
I have a question about filling null values I don't want them to show up as "0" I want it to say "not available".

I have a table that has a whole bunch of licenses and license renewals. If license hasn't expired, it hasn't needed a renewal therefore leaving a blank value in my license renewal column. Now before everyone tells me "why don't you just combine the two columns and keep the most up to date"; I must have both the initial license and the renewal (if there is one.)

I think the way to do this would be an =IF([license_renewal] is Null OR [license_renewal] = '',''0' then "not available"]). I tried this but got a syntax error. Am I close to having this correct? Also what field property would this go under?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 07:49
Code:
=IF([license_renewal] is Null OR [license_renewal] = '',''0' then "not available"])

Here's the many syntax errors of that thing:

1. In Access there is no IF function.
2. You have unmatched single quote.
3. You have an unmatched right bracket.
4. Unless you are trying to make the string "then" show in the result, you don't use a then in an IIf statement.

Read up on the IIf function: https://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/advanced/iif.php

Now, let's look at the bigger picture of what you are trying to do. Can a license only be renewed one time? No one will ever be renewed more than that?

ethan.geerdes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:49
Thank you for the information and asking what my end game was for that. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom