Autofill Combo Box based on Field Value (1 Viewer)

Smokeeater

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:17
In short, I am trying to do something I have never tried before, so I do not have any previous examples to use.

I have two forms, FORM A & FORM B
I have [FIELD1] that I select the value in FORM A. That same value is then 'auto-filled' on FORM B.

Also on FORM B is [ComboBox1] that has between 12-15 choices. What I am trying to do is requery [ComboxBox1] so it only shows values based on the auto-filled [FIELD1] value.

I understand how to sync two different combo's, but what I am wanting to do here is a little different based on syncing a combo box to a field value.

I thought about using the 'AfterUpdate' function, but technically I am not even touching [FIELD1] in FORM B, so I do believe that is a viable option.

Any assistance or ideas is greatly appreciated.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:17
In short, I am trying to do something I have never tried before, so I do not have any previous examples to use.

I have two forms, FORM A & FORM B
I have [FIELD1] that I select the value in FORM A.

Is FIELD1 the field the combo is bound to or the row source?

That same value is then 'auto-filled' on FORM B.
I don't understand. Autofilled where? Autofilled how?

Also on FORM B is [ComboBox1] that has between 12-15 choices. What I am trying to do is requery [ComboxBox1] so it only shows values based on the auto-filled [FIELD1] value.

Please give us the deals. Where are these 12-15 choices coming from. A query? Table? Based on the auto-filled value how?

Smokeeater

Registered User.
Local time
Q-Is FIELD1 the field the combo is bound to or the row source?

A-Yes, it is tied to a query

-----

Q - I don't understand. Autofilled where? Autofilled how?
A- There is a record# combo box on FORM B. When you select the record #, several of the other fields are auto-filled based on the inputted data on FORM A.

-----
Q-Where are these 12-15 choices coming from. A query? Table?
A- Yes, a query.

Thanks so much.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:17
I'm still not getting this but I suppose if you want to requery [ComboBox1] from form A assuming form B has the name "B" then I think some afterupdate on A would have something like:

Code:
Forms!B!Combobox1.Requery

Perhaps if uploadyour database so that I can see what this looks like I'll be able to get what you want to do.

Smokeeater

Registered User.
Local time
sneuberg, thank you so much. Let me play with that event and see if I can work something out. I have a couple other ideas too since I posted my original post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom