Question Automatic Email (1 Viewer)

MaleNurse325

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:10
Hello you wonderful people.

I have a database, part of which looks after equipment that needs servicing and calibration. For other reasons, this database is opened every day so I thought my problem could be solved with an On Open or AutoExec command but I bow to your much superior knowledge.

Each piece of kit has a [Description], a [serial number] a [status] and a [Next Due] (calculated)date field) field. *[] indicated field names

Is it possible, to create a routine that on opening the database would run a query and produce a report of equipment is due to be serviced in less than a month and automatically send an email to the person opening the database?

Alternatively, create a pop up on opening the database that says shows kit that needs servicing. Either would be great.:banghead::banghead:

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 19:10
the autoexec would run

openForm "fNeedsServicing"
openReport "rEquipDue"

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 15:10
Alternatively, set a form to open by default (this can be done in database Options). Code in form Open event. Why send email if the report is in front of them?

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Yesterday, 16:10
Further design questions;
Do you want items that have already been Emailed to the user Emailed again?
Would it be better to open a form of some type so the user can immediately go into items they need to update to update them?

I can see someone spending the morning doing service on equipment and logging in after lunch to start updating. For them, Emailing or showing a report would be annoying.

Same form that shows all items due for service could also have buttons for printing a report or sending an Email. Were it me, I'd offer the user a way to send to a different Email address. Too often do we need something sent out that we don't want to "Forward'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom