Avoid new record (1 Viewer)

Ole

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:52
Hi

I have a form to witch I import some data. These data need to be update manually also.
But I need to avoid to go to a new (and empty) record.
I can't really figure out how to make sure that i only can choose records with data in :banghead:

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Ole

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:52
There is such a thing as turning off the navigation controls as a form property, and you can also make a combo box to only let you select extant records. (There is a combo box wizard for record selection.) That combination might help. But it is hard to know what else you might want or not want. What else is on your mind with this form?

Ole

Registered User.
Local time
I tried to disable the navigation bottoms and create my own.
But still if I press next record it'll go to a new record (after the last record of cause).
And that's what I want to avoid.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:52
How about turning off the Allow Additions property?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:52
Concur with Paul. The Me.AllowAdditions property can be set to false and will stop you from adding a record by navigation. However, you can also help yourself by going into the File >> Options >> Current Database multi-part dialog to set form behavior so that if you tab out of the last field, you can cycle around to the first field again rather than the "next record" option.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:52
Actually, at least thru v2007, if AllowAdditions is set to No, tabbing out of the last Field of the last Record will move focus back to the first Field of that Record, even if the property is set to move to the next Record...who knew? ;)

Linq ;0)>

Ole

Registered User.
Local time
It worked perfectly :D

Thank you for all your comments and help

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:52