Batch file to connect projector (1 Viewer)

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:36
I use my tv as an external monitor for my laptop, but sometimes, the audio decides to go through my laptop speakers instead of the surround sound. To fix this, I tell windows to connect to an external projector. There is no external projector, but somehow this fixes the issue and the sound goes through my external speakers again. I suppose it forces Windows to refresh connections or something.

How can I make a batch file that will attempt to connect to a projector?

Windows 7
1. Control Panel
2. Connect to a Projector (subheading under hardware and sound)
3. Projector Only

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:36
Are your looking for a quicker way to do this? If so Windows key + p click projector only, almost as fast as double clicking on a batch file but if you must have a batch file this will work*:

Code:
@echo off
%windir%\system32\DisplaySwitch.exe /external
exit

To get back to normal with a batch file:

Code:
@echo off
%windir%\system32\DisplaySwitch.exe /internal
exit

*I was going to post this should work as I have 3 screens (one USB) and no projector I was concerned what it would do to my display settings so I wasn't going to test it but I accidentally clicked on the test file it switched to my second screen only :rolleyes: so I think it will work for you though I would connect the TV first.

Oh and I just thought if you want it on both use the /clone switch instead of /external and that should give you the same image on both (and sound of course) though I suspect you might have tried that - anyway you should be sorted ;).

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:36
Excellent. Ill try win p. Ty.

IAmNotABot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:36
If it works, go to the properties of the batch file and create a keyboard shortcut for it. I am not 100% sure, but WIN 7 you should not have to restart the computer for it to take effect, nor put it in a special folder.

Could be a handshake issue. Out of curiousity, are you using a HDMI cable to the TV? I ask because 95% of the time I have fixed those issues by unplugging both ends. The other 5%, I replaced the cable ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom