Best web programming language for access programmers (1 Viewer)

TiagoDM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:23
Hi,

I feel very confortable programming in vba in access, but i would like to "expand" and go online with html code, webpages and sql server (or mysql .. or other DB server software).

The question is: What would be the best programming language for a begginer that is very very confortable writing code in vba in access? I think the choice remains on ASP.NET and PHP, but please feel free to sugest other options if you think so... and what database server? SQL? MySQL? others? ...

Thankx in advance,

Tiago

TiagoDM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:23
Re: Best web programming language for access programmers?

I'm sorry but this was a question, maybe I should have a question mark in the title?
I'm sorry ... I'm a begginer to html and would like some information on building dynamic web pages... what would be the best for an access programmer in vba?

Thankx,
Tiago

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:23
ASP.NET. It can be written in Visual Basic which is reasonably similar to VBA in many aspects. There are differences which will test your sanity for a while but PHP syntax is a bigger change.

You can also write web pages in ASP classic which uses VBScript but it does not support well structured coding.

You also need to get fluent in html, css and Javascript to get very far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom