Between parameter with null values (1 Viewer)

jderrig

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:06
I am trying to alter this parameter to bring back all records if either beginningsalesrange or ending salesrange is left blank. I can't quite get it right. Thanks

Between [forms]![frmState]![BeginningSalesRange] And [Forms]![frmState]![EndingSalesRange]

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I would suggest moving the criteria into a field. It would look like this:

Include: Iif(Isnull([forms]![frmState]![BeginningSalesRange]) OR IsNull([Forms]![frmState]![EndingSalesRange]) OR Between [forms]![frmState]![BeginningSalesRange] And [Forms]![frmState]![EndingSalesRange], 1,0)

Then in the criteria section under that field, you put in 1. That way if it meets any of your 3 criteria the result is included.

GSSDevelopment

PHP Guru
Local time
Yesterday, 19:06
Try this:

Code:
WHERE ISNULL([Forms]![frmState]![BeginningSalesRange]) OR ISNULL([Forms]![frmState]![EndingSalesRange])

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:06
An alternative is the NZ() function on each form reference, each with a date before/after any possible date in the data.

jderrig

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the replys but I am getting invalid syntax on both of these:

Include: Iif(Isnull([forms]![frmState]![BeginningSalesRange]) OR IsNull([Forms]![frmState]![EndingSalesRange]) OR Between [forms]![frmState]![BeginningSalesRange] And [Forms]![frmState]![EndingSalesRange], 1,0)

WHERE ISNULL([Forms]![frmState]![BeginningSalesRange]) OR ISNULL([Forms]![frmState]![EndingSalesRange])

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Post the full SQL that you have.

jderrig

Registered User.
Local time
SELECT Profitable.CHSAcctNo, Profitable.GrossRevenue, Profitable.FarmSupplyRev, Profitable.GrainRev, Profitable.Expenses, Profitable.OtherIncome, Profitable.OtherExp, Profitable.CHSAcctNo AS CountOfCHSAcctNo, Profitable.City, Profitable.State, Profitable.[MS/CO], Profitable.[Grain/FS], Profitable.FYE, Profitable.MemberEquity, Profitable.WorkingCapital, Profitable.LocalSavings, Profitable.TotalSavings, Profitable.TDtoLE, Profitable.ROLE, Profitable.BSMId, Profitable.[Acct name], Profitable.TopAccount, Profitable.NetLS, Profitable.TTLSales, Profitable.TotalAssets, Profitable.CurrentAssets, Profitable.FixedAssets, Profitable.InvOtherOrgan, Profitable.OtherAssets, Profitable.CurrentLiabilities, Profitable.LongTermDebt, Profitable.ServiceRev, Profitable.[Income/LossfromLLC], Profitable.[-/+SaleAssetorInv], Profitable.Patronage, Profitable.IncomeTaxes, Profitable.Sales, Profitable.Year, Profitable.RetainedSavings, Profitable.GrainBushels, Profitable.[Salary/BenefitExp], Profitable.Depreciation, Profitable.CCMAmoritization, Profitable.EBITDA, Profitable.InterestExp, Nz([memberequity],0)-Nz([invotherorgan],0) AS LocalEquity, [Forms]![frmState]![txtQueryCriteria] AS Expr1, Profitable.OtherLTL, Profitable.EBITDARevised, Profitable.EBITRevised, Profitable.NetAssets
FROM Profitable
WHERE (((Profitable.CHSAcctNo) Like [forms]![frmState]![select Account] & "*" And (Profitable.CHSAcctNo) Like [forms]![frmState]![select Account] & "*") AND ((Profitable.[Grain/FS]) Like [Forms]![frmState]![Select Type] & "*") AND ((Profitable.BSMId) Like [Forms]![frmState]![BDMList] & "*") AND ((Profitable.TopAccount) Like [Forms]![frmState]![TopAccount] & "*") AND ((Profitable.Year) Between [forms]![frmState]![lstYear] And [forms]![frmState]![2ndYear]) AND (([Forms]![frmState]![txtQueryCriteria]) Like "*;" & [State] & ";*"));

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 00:06
FWIW. I think PBaldy's solution is the only viable one, you cannot have the Between And in the Iif , and I don't see how GSS tackles the whole problem.

Brian

jderrig

Registered User.
Local time
OK, thanks for that suggestion. I am unclear though on how the NZ function would work in this situation. I am trying to filter via a sales range and not date for this parameter.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time

Between Nz([forms]![frmState]![lstYear], 1901) And Nz([forms]![frmState]![2ndYear], 2029)

jderrig

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe I am confused here...or I'm not understanding. I have the years set for the parameter fine. It's that I want to filter sales ranges. The user will enter a sales range to pull the accounts between those ranges.

Beginning Sales: 100,000,000
Ending Sales: 500,000,000

The results would be all those that have sales between 100M and 500M- which I have no issues with but I would like to have the option of leaving those two fields blank so that the results will show all accounts regardless of sales.

Between Nz([forms]![frmState]![lstYear], 1901) And Nz([forms]![frmState]![2ndYear], 2029)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm simply demonstrating the concept I had in mind. You can apply it as desired to the appropriate field, with the appropriate form references and the appropriate values.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Happy to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom