Biden's Anticipated Foreign Policy (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:22
People said Trump was dangerous because they didn't like the things he said. But he's the only president since the 70's that didn't get us involved in some shooting war.
Biden says the right things but does things that are so egregious that they are going to cost us all of our allies at best and get us into a war at worst. And I though Bush the younger was a loose cannon.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:22
It will take the USA more than one presidential term to undo what Papa Joe has done.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:22
I heard that Biden has 3 priorities.

1) get USA out of Vietnam
2) make peace with the confederates
3) beat the USSR in the space race to the moon

Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:22

"Totally Vetted" Afghan Refugees​

1632417316716.png

1632417250892.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
President Joe Biden walked back a comment apparently describing Taiwan as “independent” on Tuesday after dictator Xi Jinping threatened Biden in a virtual meeting that those supporting the island nation would get “burned.”
When politicians speak, they disguise what they are saying so one does get a clear picture of what is meant. Consequently, one has to read between the lines and to speculate as to what is going on. Is Biden quietly signalling that he may abandon Taiwan to China?

Going further, what does this apparent appeasement to China mean for Israel?
Biden has already disclosed support for the Palestinians. The "Biden administration to restore $235m in US aid to Palestinians". Expect this political and monetary support for the Palestinians to essentially "encourage" more terrorist acts on Israel.

Then there is Iran. Biden wants to become "friends" with Iran. The Islamic revolutionary government of Iran has called for the extermination of Israel. That, theoretically, creates a political problem for Biden. Since Biden does not appear to be displaying any bluster in support of Taiwan, will that translate into Biden being essentially silent on protecting Israel in the face of Palestinian and Iranian aggression?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Given the way that Australia has been acting, I'd rather give China Australia than Taiwan. Australia has already gone totalitarian on us. Who would have thought? We need Taiwan because they manufacture our chips. We don't need Australia.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I think it's just NSW who has strayed, the rest of the continent has been acting "normal", no?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I couldn't tell but Austria has followed suit. Maybe, its only the "A" countries that have lost their minds?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
This is actually more of a lambast concerning Fox News than of one concerning Biden's anticipated foreign policy.
Fox News has been parading a long line of pundits calling for "strong" action against Russian "aggression". This pundits are wrong. Tucker's analysis though is correct.
Not in the clip above is the follow-up presentation by Col. Douglas Macgregor, who has been on Tucker Carlson show numerous times. A lot better than the ex-Ukrainian expert, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman.
A concern with Biden, is that Biden is a "strongman" wannabe. As such, Biden may act irrationally. Biden, based on the US withdrawal from Afghanistan has already demonstrated that he (Biden) is incompetent.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Much as I hate the thought of Russia invading Ukraine, I actually get Tucker's point. All we have to do is to look at things from Putin's point of view. He doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO which was formed specifically as a shield against the USSR. Having the Ukraine join NATO puts Russia's only warm water port at risk and he is probably not going to sit still for that. So, is Russia inclined to rebuild the old USSR and Ukraine is his first target? Or is he worried bout Western aggression? Maybe Russia should try to join NATO:)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Having just finished a 20 year stint in Afghanistan Putin knows the American people do not have the stomach for another entanglement with Ukraine.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I'm conflicted on what to do about Russia.
Probably just extreme $ sanctions.
But I do absolutely disagree with those who say that America has zero interest in stopping Russia from invading Ukraine.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I'm conflicted on what to do about Russia.
Probably just extreme $ sanctions.
But I do absolutely disagree with those who say that America has zero interest in stopping Russia from invading Ukraine.

1639202354108.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If Trump runs in 2024, he should pick Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate. She could be the adult in the room:)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Ron DeSantis for President and Tulsi Gabbard as V.P. Or the other way around wouldn't matter to me. Trump as the speaker of the house because he has already spent his political capital during his presidency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom