Biden's Anticipated Foreign Policy (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:43
Wait until all those 600,000 guns we abandoned in Afghanistan start replacing the old Russian guns the terrorists are currently using. I'll bet that some have already made their way across our open southern border.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The first clip makes for good black humor. Tucker makes the case that the US border to Democrats for is not worth defending, so its OK to be invaded by millions of illegal immigrants. After all we don't want to be racist. However, when it comes to the Ukrainian border; the US needs to protect to preserve democracy, a moral imperative, even it it should mean devastating war with Russia!! Seems that Biden's priorities are mixed-up.

Clint Ehrlich provides perspective on the rising tensions with Russia over Ukraine.

Concerning a potential war with Russia, the US has not fought a war against a (more or less) technological equal. Since Korea (70 years ago), we have had technological superiority and even numerical superiority over our opponents. It won't be that with Russia.

During WWII we had smart competent generals, such as Patton and MacArthur, who were deeply involved in war (with technological equals). Today's generals may not be able to perform when needed since they have not had experience in combating technological equals.. Additionally, the military may be somewhat crippled by Covid and the Woke culture. (My comments are unsubstantiated "armchair general" observations.)

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:43
While I have no specific way to refute some Democrats' theory that Tucker may have an agenda on Russia, I do have to admit that he brings up some good points.

Countries are at war in several places. Ukraine is not in NATO. Russia is nowhere near as bad as China, when it comes to "versus the USA".

Why has deterrence not been more of a strategy, and why do we feel we are inevitably going somewhere for no particular reason?

What reasons do they really have?

It is very difficult to overlook the Biden family's connections and business in Ukraine...

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I don't like to view the US as an imperialist nation, but we need to conduct some self-reflection. NATO was created to deter Soviet expansionism into Western Europe. The Soviet Union collapsed circa 1988–1991. Russia essentially gave-up Western Europe by allowing former Soviet client states to become "free". One could say that NATO became obsolete as a result. And one could also loudly and vigorously chest-thump that the West "won" the cold war.

But now consider that instead of dissolving NATO, NATO has expanded eastward into some of the former Soviet client states.
Rhetorically, how would Russia feel about this imperialist expansion? As some pundits have expressed as a counter viewpoint, how would the US feel if Russia moved into Mexico as one example. The US would be accusing Russia of moving into our sphere of influence. Well, Russia has its own sphere of influence. The Soviet Union "died". The US can and should help those in Easter Europe in an economic sense, but not through unwarranted military expansionism. Why tick-off Russia?

Putin may be a distasteful dictator, but there are many countries ruled by dictators. Why make it s moral mission to only box Putin in? We may not like Putin, but Russia is a sovereign nation. The US has no right to tell Russia what to do. Moreover, Western Europe and Russia (the primary players) should be the ones to work out their differences.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
NATO was created to deter Soviet expansionism into Western Europe. The Soviet Union collapsed circa 1988–1991

NATO's a joke. China, Russia and Iran know it.

Mutual assured destruction isn't even a deterrent anymore. The goal is to enslave not to incinerate. They need a quasi communist capitalist world to fund their agenda. Communism isn't free it needs lots of Rubles to keep the elite happy.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@Steve R. but comparing the expansion of NATO members as imperialism? I mean is it a stretch?
What if someone said, well, Russia is still a threat now as it was then, thus NATO is still needed?

Hmm I don't know. (as in honestly I don't know much about this), at least when the current situation seems to call for a lot of reflection - as you said, well stated. I know the basic history but I agree that more reflection is needed.

However, I do stand by some of my previous comments on the USA intervening around the world in "the long game".

IF it is true that Putin's dream of re-uniting Russia with Ukraine could cause major conflict, then it might be good to prevent him from doing that.

I guess the main thing that I think I can conclude now, with no further information, is that Biden's strategy so far seems awfully light on 'deterrence'...
But then, Biden can't even speak a coherent sentence hardly, so I have no idea exactly who is running the country right now.. (other than Twitter and Youtube)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't like to view the US as an imperialist nation,
I don't either but although most of our foreign territories were acquired as the spoils of wars we didn't start there is one that we acquired by force? Think about it. I'm going to post the answer after inserting a few empty lines.

Hawaii was acquired by force rather than as the spoils of war as our other territories were. And then there's Guantanamo Bay. I can't remember how we acquired that but it might have been during our failed Bay of Pigs action.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
And then there's Guantanamo Bay
The US leased Guantanamo Bay in 1903.
However, it is not that simple, as underpinning the Guantanamo Bay lease was the Spanish-American War of 1898.
Adding to the complexity, is the sinking of the battleship Maine. This sinking, similar to news generated Covid hysteria, was used to trigger public outrage against Spain leading the US populous to demand "war". "Remember the Maine! To hell with Spain!"
The Spanish-American War may qualify as an early example of strategies the US has has used to kill Muammar Gaddafi, invade Iraq in 2003, and Afghanistan in 2001.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Things are heating up in the Ukraine. As a consequence US military preparedness should be a priority. Apparently, the Biden administration has no concern over firing US military personal over Covid. There also may be many civilian employees that provide support to the military that may also be fired over Covid. Furthermore, the issue is not restricted only to the number of people fired, but also issues related to institutional memory and morale.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Just ran across this one. Biden with an exorbitant amount of chest thumping likes to proclaim, when it comes to foreign policy, that he is the adult in the room and knows how to work with US allies (unlike Trump). Seems that is all is empty rhetoric.

Germany, is the latest country to apparently put some distance between Biden's war mongering by avoiding to become involved in the Ukrainian crises. This also raises concerns over NATO. Is NATO simply a puppet of US policy or does it allow the countries of Western Europe to express their own policies, even it it means rejecting US policies?

Late breaking article.
The unity of the NATO alliance is in question after Germany refuses to send defensive arms to Ukraine

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Things are heating up in the Ukraine. As a consequence US military preparedness should be a priority. Apparently, the Biden administration has no concern over firing US military personal over Covid. There also may be many civilian employees that provide support to the military that may also be fired over Covid. Furthermore, the issue is not restricted only to the number of people fired, but also issues related to institutional memory and morale.
This will evolve like all others. First send in "advisors" then put thousands of troops on high alert. Hope one of of the advisors gets killed to justify going full scale troop activation...blah blah blah.... attention diverted from the falling poll numbers, inflation and vaccine failures. 10 years later thousands dead. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Added context from Laura Ingraham. Laura notes that our supposed NATO allies are not exactly behind the US. That implies that the US is conducting a one-man show inflaming the situation and is not working with its erstwhile allies, that Biden has (falsely) claimed constitute his unified coalition (that Trump did not respect and treated dismissively). Seems that Biden is: 1) delusional that NATO is unified and 2) that each of the NATO member countires will unquestionably support the US.

Unfortunately, the clip "stumbling on the warpath" below does not contain the portion where Laura interviews Victor David Hanson. The significance of Hanson's remarks is that he takes a brief cursory look at the Ukrainian situation from the Russian perspective. Not that the Russian perspective is correct, but that the US is not considering it. I have previously noted that NATO was created to protect Western Europe from Soviet aggression. The Soviet Union no longer exists. But NATO instead of dissolving has been expanding and moving east. One could say that his is a form of "aggression" towards Russia,

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I have a question that's so dumb, it might be enlightening, if anyone can answer it. Not that the question is enlightening - it'll be your answer!

Why don't we just include Russia in NATO now?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Why don't we just include Russia in NATO now?
With the fall of the Soviet Union, the reason for NATO expired. In the absence of NATO, maybe the countries in Western Europe should bring Russia (along with other Eastern European countries) into the European Union. The European Union presents its own problems, the big one being big big and bigger government. The Brexit was a case where the United Kingdom withdrew from the European Union (EU). Nevertheless, Russia in the European Union would be a benefit. (Russia has had a very long history of attempting and failing at becoming a Western style country. Being in the EU may help Russia realize that objective.)

But the question of NATO and Russia does lead to a further question (after NATO is dissolved). That is for the US and Russia to work cooperatively to challenge China and even Iran. Several people have already mentioned (very quietly) that US "hostility" towards Russia, encourages Russia to form cooperative relationships with China. Not a good strategy for the US considering that China covets Taiwan. The US could use Russia's assistance in checking Chinese expansionism.

Additional thought since posting. Suppose the Ukrainian situation becomes "hot". The US will need to focus on the Ukraine and devote military resources to the Ukraine. The possibility exists then that China may see that as a golden opportunity to invade Taiwan.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
NATO wasn't dissolved when the USSR fell apart because WE didn't want it dissolved. WE want all those US bases in Europe. Without the big Russian threat, there is no reason for us to be occupying Europe as we do. I am not advocating for closing the bases because to some degree, they offer us some forward protection. But the next world war isn't going to be tanks crossing the steppes. It is going to be cyber and will impact the homeland because we're too stupid to protect our infrastructure.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
This all leads in my opinion to kind of what I was thinking it might.

That there may not be very many good reasons anymore to continue considering Russia the threat or the enemy that we have been led to believe it is.

I mean obviously everything is relative, I'm sure one can find many disturbing aspects of Russia like they can any country, but all things considered I agree... I think it might actually make sense to act as Russia's friend rather than continue positioning ourselves as in opposition to it.

That's why I asked the question about including them in nato. That's good information everyone, thank you for helping me understand the aspects better to consider

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I think Trump was trying to drive a wedge between Putin and Xi by normalizing communications with Russia and North Korea. This was seen as unorthodox.

When Trump crossed the DMZ it served to lessen the tension of North Korea showing peace through strength. This took Xi, Kim and Putin by surprise, and it really pissed off liberals.

Now that Trump is out of the picture we see Putin and Xi becoming closer and Kim is back to firing missiles. I'm pretty sure Iran is still enriching uranium...

Just my 2¢

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Since NATO was formed to protect Europe from the Soviet threat wouldn't inviting Russia which was part of the USSR, to join be an oxymoron?

Looks like a recruitment video:

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A better Russian strategy, flood the Ukraine with (unarmed) undocumented (illegal) immigrants from Russia!!!!;);)
Below is a terrific clip from Tucker Carlson. In terms of this thread, why is the US defending Ukrainian sovereignty and making a big deal about protecting democracy in the Ukraine; but not defending US sovereignty and undermining democracy in the US?

Slightly off topic: Psaki stated that illegal immigrant who do not show up for their immigration hearing will face severe consequences. Note the clip featuring Mayorkas where he states that if you are an illegal immigrant that you will not be deported simply because you are here illegally. So exactly what are the severe consequences that Psaki mentions? Clearly if you are here, you get to stay with no repercussions.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
WHY CAN'T ANYONE SEE THE THE HYPROCRASY? We're willing to go to WAR to protect Ukraine against illegal aliens but we can't shut our own boarder because that is racist!!!!!!!! It makes my head spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom