Biden's Anticipated Foreign Policy (2 Viewers)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13

A taxing idea that has been floated for a while has finally risen to the level of being printed. "Ms. Yellen on Monday called for global coordination on an international tax rate that would apply to multinational corporations regardless of where their headquarters are located. She said such a global tax could halt the “thirty-year race to the bottom” in which countries have competed against each other by lowering their corporate tax rates, as the U.S. did under President Trump." So Biden wants to "impose" tax rates worldwide so that companies can't escape US taxation by moving to other countries.

This is arrogant insanity. Biden, when running for President, disingenuously spoke of bringing "America Back" as a world leader and that he would restore American prestige through diplomacy. Biden already struck out with the Chinese as they have already tossed Biden's claims that the US is a racist vile country back into our face. This pompous taxing proposal suggests that Biden will also bring back the arrogant imperialist "Ugly American" onto the world stage. The rest of the world is just going to just thumb their nose at us and ignore this supposed "suggestion".

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:13
Just another example, as I am pointing out all the time, of how completely false it is when conservatives are mocked for their slippery slope arguments against (a lot of things). Remember when the UN was just going to be a harmless human rights watchdog, and when globalization was just a harmless concept acknowledging the reality of the supply chain?

Now they're trying for an International Tax Rate - with spend-happy, fiscally insane American democrats at the helm of the ship!??!

Oh dear.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And just how many large commercial ships are registered in the US?
How many formerly American companies are registered in Bermuda or somewhere else in the world? I think there's a small office building in Hamilton that is home to over a thousand corporations.
How many large US corporations are domiciled in Delaware?
Why did all the major CC companies move their domicile to South Dakota? (usury laws. SD allows 26% interest. Other states have much lower limits)

Before Congress tries to pass this tax legislation, they probably need to first pass legislation that is going to give them a huge cut should a company decide that they no longer need to be domiciled in the US.? This is a big world. "Headquarters" is an idea more than a physical place so, technically, they don't have to move anything. Just rent a mail box in Ireland or Bermuda or Singapore or whatever the go to place is these days.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Two stories that raise an quizzical eyebrow concerning Biden's foreign policy.
The Democrats manufactured the Russia Hoax as a means to bring down Trump. Now that Biden sets foreign policy (assuming he is in charge) is this a case of continuing the Russia Hoax as a "Wag the Dog" bullying of a relatively weak adversary to distract from the relatively stronger adversary, China?

China, at a meeting in Anchorage, AK in March tossed the Democratic narrative of racism back into our face. Now we have the US Ambassador to the UN, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, continuing to promote an anti-American narrative of racism while speaking to the Al Sharpton-founded National Action Network (NAN). While that diatribe was not on an international stage, countries such as China do listen in and can use those racist public comments by a high governmental official (A UN Ambassador) to vilify the US. Additionally, the Biden family has financial interests in China.

Neither of these news articles point to Biden as restoring the US as morally superior country on the world stage.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Recall that every once in a while you run into someone who knows they're wrong. Instead of acknowledging it, their instinct is to double down. For me personally, sometimes they double down so hard I realize I was wrong! (ha). But sometimes they just have to keep digging their hole because it is the only way (in their mind) to save face.

This is what Biden's Russia sanctions look like to me. Doubling down in the final way he can think of on the Russia hoax because the Democratic Media Party has been silently pouting about having gotten that wrong.

Edit: Given Russia's buildup on the Ukraine border, I may be wrong about this. But I stand by my statement to the extent that Biden is emphasizing "2020 election interference". If he is mostly emphasizing the Ukraine situation, then he may have more basis. But I doubt it, since the sanctions were planned prior to most of Russia's most inflammatory military positioning.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Here is real head-scratcher. Am I missing something?
"U.S. President Joe Biden said on Thursday that now is the time to de-escalate tensions after slapping new sanctions on Russia, saying there is still room for the two countries to work together." (Emphasis added)
So we, the US, escalates the situation which increases tension, yet Biden simultaneously calls for de-escalation!!
Biden has repeatably called for rationale diplomacy, yet here he escalating the situation and not using diplomacy.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Even his dogs seem confused & frustrated.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
More on Biden's "Wag the Dog" approach to foreign policy. On this morning news, it was once again reviewed that Biden was placing sanctions on Russia for supposedly interfering in the US election process. Once again my reaction was a disgusted "what a load of ...". If Biden was actually concerned about interference in the US elections, he would be condemning the Democratic Party, New York Times, Washington Post, Twitter, Facebook, Google, and now all the corporations interfering in Georgia's election laws. Obliviously Biden won't be condemning the cabal of interests that rigged the election in his favor. However, it is another ding on Biden's lying that he would run a truthful transparent administration.

The Nord Stream pipeline was also mentioned as a sound byte. The Biden administration is opposing it's construction as it would make Western Europe more dependent on Russian energy. While true, this is also the US interfering in the rights of Europeans to manage their economies. The US is out-of-bounds by opposing construction of the pipeline. The US does not "own" the free-world and is being very arrogant in opposing the pipeline.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
As expected - concerning Biden's laughably disingenuous assertion that it is time to de-escalate tensions after escalating tensions:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Trump opposed the pipeline also. He wanted Europe to buy natural gas from us rather than from Russia. He didn't want them to be dependent on Russia for natural gas since that weakens our relationship with Germany.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Trump opposed the pipeline also. He wanted Europe to buy natural gas from us rather than from Russia. He didn't want them to be dependent on Russia for natural gas since that weakens our relationship with Germany.
What you say is true. Nevertheless, this is one of those cases were, I believe, the US is unfortunately being too domineering.
As a side note: indecisive Biden is supposedly opposed to the pipeline. I find that to be somewhat paradoxical as Biden ran on a campaign of being much friendlier to other countries so that they would look-up to us after evil Trump (sarcasm). Biden did kill the Keystone Pipeline in the US, but it would seem that he would "support" the Nord Stream pipeline politically to show the world that Good Old Uncle Joe is back to restore order from the chaos Trump created (sarcasm).

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
One thing to keep in mind that tends to explain a lot of things is when a politician, in this case Democrats, does things not out of principle but simply to reinforce a narrative that they need to strengthen in order to keep their story going. Common sense tells just about everyone, I think, that China needs our focus probably 10 times more than Russia does. But given that the liberals invested so much into pretending that Russia was a major player in their various Trump/election/Russia/Hunter hoaxes, they need to "do" something, now, which makes it look as if that were all true, since the narrative was pretty weak, and has kept breaking down over and over.

I think that trying to figure out what Biden is doing from a true "foreign policy" perspective is probably giving him too much credit. He has to keep this 'Russia' charade going by taking some hard, tangible action, so he can say See? I told you so - Russia is/was our big problem--I'm even having to sanction them now! Hence everybody, even the liberal media, is struggling a bit to figure out why he is sanctioning them, and even Biden himself is bumbling to articulate it: Monday he puts sanctions on. Tuesday he says it's time to de-escalate and be friends again. It doesn't have to make sense, and never will.

And he wants to avoid putting much focus on China, even though it's overwhelmingly obvious that's where a huge amount of our foreign policy thinking ought to be directed right now. If he did that, it would seem as if Trump were right about too many things..

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time

Biden's Anticipated Foreign Policy is to take whatever is currently working at the moment and totally jack it up. Other than that it should be fine.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Tucker Carlson covered the false Russian bounty hoax from a different perspective than I did. I had reviewed it in terms of this being one of the lies that allowed the Biden campaign to steal the Presidential election. @Isaac, Tucker and his guest Col. Doug Macgregor (not shown in this film clip) supported your view that Biden was doubling down on the Russian boogeyman story, even though it isn't true (just past the 6 minute mark). Macgregor (not shown) made an important observation against ticking Russia off. The US has not faced a military that is somewhat equal to the US for many years. Consequently, he believes that many of those in the pro-war crowd really don't understand what war would really mean. Though, Macgregor's comments were limited to Russia, this would also apply to China.

Tucker, in terms of Biden doubling down made a humorous statement: "We need new facts to fix the story". The basis for this assertion was to come-up with an excuse to extricate Biden from the Russian bounty hoax, but still give Biden cover for keeping troops in Afghanistan. The "new facts" the CIA presented was allowing the Russian Bounty hoax story to be "disappeared" as not fully vetted.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yes, I saw a brief summary of Tucker's monologue on the issue. It's an interesting take.

Trump is one of those "things" that not even I realized how many things he was right about until after the fact. When you consider the reality of the situation, the fact that it turns out the vast majority of his policies were excellent and the worst that can be said of him was he was a mean Tweeter and a rude man sometimes, the incredible gap between the monster the media portrayed him as versus the reasonably effective decision-maker he actually was, is ever-emerging.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Trump's natural instincts were spot on. He never ceased to amaze me. His bad decisions were afterthoughts pushed on him by his so called advisors like Faucci. And that's why Pelosi got the best of him every single year with her "budgets". Trump would have stuck to his guns and shut down the government and not paid people for the time off. Government workers loved the shutdowns. They got paid vacations. If the employees were not going to be paid, including themselves and their staffs, Congress would have been under pressure to work with Trump but Trump kept getting talked out of continuing the pressure year after year. But the worst thing he did in four years was to reauthorize the "patriot" act. Not far behind that was to allow Congress to bail on its promise to rescind or fix the "Affordable" Care Act. Ever notice how the worst bills always have the most moral titles?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A couple of odd stories. In one incident, Biden referred Masters champ Hideki Matsuyama as a "boy", a very racist derogatory term. A quick superficial internet search seems to disclose that the "left" leaning media outlets suppressed this story and only the "right" leaning outlets carried it. Had Trump made such a comment the leftist media outlets would have been all over it.

In a second story, that is not yet clear to me; did Biden diss the Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga by failing to greet Suga at the White House?
According to one referenced tweet, it was Kamala Harris who greeted Suga, an apparent breach of protocol. The sequence of events is not clear to me, but again, it appears that only the "right" leaning media outlets carried that story. Did the "left" leaning media suppress it? Again, the media gives Biden a "pass", but would have howled in condemnation had Trump "disrespected" the Japanese Prime Minister.

Biden sanctimoniously (falsely) condemned Trump for treating our foreign allies with rudeness and contempt. Yet these two small incidents, imply that Biden's foreign policy optics are off to a bad start. Biden's foreign policy may be resurrecting the "Ugly American". Prime Minister Yoshihide Sug showed amazing restraint and politeness in letting these slights go.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Another small story that occurred a few days ago, April 15, 2021, that obviously did not get much coverage (see update below). The US periodically sends US warships into the Black Sea to demonstrated "Freedom of the Seas". Now, in response to Russian protests the Biden administration evidently caved and did not carry out that action. (Had Trump caved, the media would have made this front page news.)
Recall that the Democrats kept claiming how Trump was "Putin's puppet". Biden, also has been continuing with his tough guy act concerning Russia. Yet here we have a case of the Russian's sneezing and Biden folds. Seems that Biden is "Putin's puppet" by not standing up for "Freedom of the Seas".

Note that Russia (according to the article) has closed access to Ukrainian ports. "The Russian closure of the Kerch state will block Ukrainian and other foreign warships from accessing the waterway, and the closure will remain in effect until October." So Russia is making a show of controlling Ukrainian sovereignty and our "chest pounding tough man" who supposedly stands for integrity and restoring US moral excellence on the world stage Biden does nothing. The world is watching, China has already broadcast to the world Biden's integrity gap.

Guess what!! Immediately after posting, the above, I ran across this article.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Regretfully this the story behind this cartoon is very plausible. While Trump was in office Kerry, as a private citizen, visited Iran to provide foreign policy advice to the Iranians. Theoretically that would have been an actual violation of the Logan Act. Though the Logan Act violations have never been actually pursued, it was raised by Biden when he was vice-President as one of the stratagems to go after General Flynn.

What is of current concern, the Biden administration is a continuation of the Obama administration. The Obama adminstration was pro-Islamic and was also cozing-up to Iran to get the Iranian Nuclear Agreement signed. So the question arises, will the Biden administration re-implement Obama's pro-Islamic policies and the cozing-up to Iran? Does the cartoon foretell that?

1619540220872.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A few days ago, Hamas started lobbing missiles into Israel as a return (after four years of relative calm) to "war". So far no apparent reaction from the Biden administration beyond the generic meaningless appeal for "deescalation". The major reason for posting though; unsurprisingly both the New York Times and Washington Post had pro-Palestinian headlines with pictures of dead Palestinian children murdered through vicious Israeli airstrikes (sarcasm). Based on the Times and Post headlines, Israelis killed by Hamas rockets don't count. Israel is defending itself. If the aggressor (Hamas) is "hurt" that is the price that they pay for reigniting the genocidal "war". Both the Times and Post should recognize that and blame Hamas for reigniting genocidal "war". They don't deserve "sob" stories. If the Palestinians want peace and an end to endless genocidal "war", the Palestinians in Gaza need to kick Hamas out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom