Big new feature announcement: Ignore (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:44
Finally, I have managed to buy and install the Ignore plugin, which lets you ignore Members, Threads and Forums. This is far more powerful than whatever we had before. My understanding is that it will also keep the ignored messages out of the What's new list. It probably won't filter it from the Latest Posts list, but that is just a guess as I haven't tried anything yet.

There may be a performance hit to site speed if you ignore a lot of stuff, as there is extra work involved in processing the list of what you choose to ignore. Only time will tell if this happens or if it is significant.

You can find the Ignore option at the top right of each thread:

1598975219175.png

Similar position to ignore a forum:

1598975295885.png

To ignore a user, I assume you use the ignore button on their profile, but not 100% sure on this.

To edit your Ignore settings, go to your profile and the following section:

1598975443482.png

Give this post the thumbs up if you will use it or like it, and please let me know below if you will use it. If so, for what specifically. e.g. blocking Politics forum, (me!) or whatever.

Also, please give me some performance and usage feedback so I get an idea how this plugin is working for you guys.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, let me do a quick speed test between it being switched on and off.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Its all up and running again.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:44
As a moderator, I am unlikely to ignore anything because I don't know when I will have to moderate something.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Same here Doc. There are some who want this place to be just about Access and so for them, this plugin should be ideal.

neuroman9999

Local time
There may be a performance hit to site speed if you ignore a lot of stuff, as there is extra work involved in processing the list of what you choose to ignore. Only time will tell if this happens or if it is significant.
how could that be, Jon? Aren't PHP-based CRMs supposed to be the best performing pieces of software in the world? :p

why are you example screenshots cooler than ours!? Yours are in black, and we have white? Isn't that just a template setting we have the power to change on our end?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Look at the bottom left of the site and you will see an option to change the site theme.

neuroman9999

Local time
I see it. I like white. thanks. black is for people obsessed with futuristic looks. =)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time

neuroman9999

Local time
I know that's you Jon! and that's 99% of the people of the world! It's called ""the devil controlling people"". and you're caught in it. =( you and your scientific ""coolness""

Reactions: Jon

neuroman9999

Local time
by the way, when I finish the CGI-based product I'm working on, would you like me to demo it for you? You would probably be the ideal customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom