Bird Flu - Pandemic or Hysteria? (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

scott-atkinson said:
Short of advertising Starbucks.

You can have your coffee which ever way you choose, each week there is a different themed coffee which is simply hot black coffee, from a different region of the world, that you can flavour with milk and sugar.

About £1.50 I think for a tall cup.

I personally do prefer the full fat frothy coffee, but that is because I am a full fat git :D
I prefer to make my own thanks, about 3p a cup:D

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:05
To be fair, most people haven't gotten to the point of hysteria over the bird flu. Some folks may have blown it out of proportion, but it seems most are simply taking it seriously and preparing for the possibility. Which is not a bad idea since odds are sooner or later some sort of disease pandemic will occur, so it makes sense to have a plan in place.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 22:35
ColinEssex said:
Sprinkles??? ugh - another Yankee Americanism creeping in.:rolleyes: You mean hundreds and thousands
I'd say hundreds & thousands are a specific type of sprinkles...
you don't get toffee nut hundreds & thousands, do you?
or chocolate hundreds & thousands
or... etc

Sometimes I think Australians should be US-UK interpreters... we're fluent in both dialects ;)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 08:05
scott-atkinson said:
You don't know what your missing until you've tried a double shot Gingerbread Latte with extram cream and toffee nut sprinkles.

That actually sounds pretty good to me, albeit not as an every day thing. Maybe once a month or so as a dessert coffee. Most of the time I just drink my coffee black, I grind my beans at home and bring my own jug of coffee to work. ;)

smith02

Local time
Today, 06:05
the first cases of avian influenza viruses

My friend as long as I know the first cases of avian influenza viruses in humans occurred in 1997, when the H5N1 virus triggered an outbreak in Hong Kong, infecting 18 people, six of whom died. The human cases occurred at the same time the H5N1 virus ripped through Hong Kong's poultry population. The human outbreak alarmed public health officials because a highly pathogenic strain of avian influenza "jumped species" and caused mortality in humans. Fear about the H5N1 virus resurfaced in February 2003, when a H5N1 outbreak in Hong Kong caused two cases with one death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom