Bird Flu - Pandemic or Hysteria? (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 22:47
Guys,

I would like to offer another topic into this boiling pot of debate.

I work for Starbucks and recently attended a hurriedly put together meeting on the effects of a Bird Flu pandemic on the companies operational strategies.

The company was basically putting together an action plan for when (not if) the pandemic hits.

It would be interesting to here your views, especially at a time when the Bird Flu outbreaks have diminished or appeared to have?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
scott-atkinson said:
I work for Starbucks
Tell me please - Why do they charge so much for what is basically a cup of froth and very little coffee. Its a rip off. I complained and was told thats what you get.

Bird flu has gone away hasn't it? If not, and we get it, thats just tough I s'pose

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Tell me please - Why do they charge so much for what is basically a cup of froth and very little coffee. Its a rip off. I complained and was told thats what you get.

Why go there? I've never understood the allure of Starbucks, then I suppose its not targeted at my sensible generation.;)

Bird flu has gone away hasn't it? If not, and we get it, thats just tough I s'pose
Don't worry Blair and Co will have had the vaccine so the country will still operate as before, ah! yeah worry.:)

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Geuss who just had trouble with the site, I only posted once and I didn't think that had got through, also the thread does not show me as subscribed to it, was that good English?:eek:

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Why go there? I've never understood the allure of Starbucks, then I suppose its not targeted at my sensible generation.;)
I only went once - thought I'd give it a try even though it is a Yankee organisation, but it confirmed my thoughts, its a Yankee rip-off.

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 17:47
Brianwarnock said:
Geuss who just had trouble with the site, I only posted once and I didn't think that had got through, also the thread does not show me as subscribed to it, was that good English?:eek:

Brian

Can you delete them?

scott-atkinson

Local time
ColinEssex said:

Col,

I would tend to agree, they are expensive, but the coffee is good, and they are pretty much in price comparison with the other large coffee outlets.

Although Starbucks are better, I'm not biased on anything though you understand.

They do also have an ethical sourcing policy!

Although they are buying coffee from Rwanda, so not sure where the ethics fit in there!

From my posting you would think that I hate Starbucks, they a pretty cool company to work for though.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
The best advice is to get about a months supply of water, food and other necessities. If you hunker down then most likely you will survive.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:47
back to the subject.
So far it would seem more Hysteria than anything else.
Not saying if you were one of those few people who contracted it, it was not a serous reality, but all in all seems more hype than a problem.

scott-atkinson

Local time
FoFa said:
back to the subject.
So far it would seem more Hysteria than anything else.
Not saying if you were one of those few people who contracted it, it was not a serous reality, but all in all seems more hype than a problem.

I would agree, so far there have only been cases of bird to human infection, which is not contagious.

If there are any cases of bird flu migrating from birds to other farm animals than that is when we should start to worry.

If it is transferred to pigs from birds then it is enevitable that it will pass to humans and become contagious!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
jsanders said:
Can you delete them?

Now I can but it was real weird ealier, must have needed a coffee, instant not Starbucks:D

Brian

scott-atkinson

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
must have needed a coffee, instant not Starbucks:D

Brian

Brian,

You don't know what your missing until you've tried a double shot Gingerbread Latte with extram cream and toffee nut sprinkles.

Mouthwatering ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
scott-atkinson said:
Brian,

You don't know what your missing until you've tried a double shot Gingerbread Latte with extram cream and toffee nut sprinkles.

Mouthwatering ;)
sounds too sickly. Do the Starbucks do normal coffee? where you get a mug full of coffee flavoured liquid with normal milk, no froth?

Sprinkles??? ugh - another Yankee Americanism creeping in.:rolleyes: You mean hundreds and thousands

Col

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Sprinkles??? ugh - another Yankee Americanism creeping in.:rolleyes: You mean hundreds and thousands
You learn well, young Jedi. :D

scott-atkinson

Local time
ColinEssex said:
sounds too sickly. Do the Starbucks do normal coffee? where you get a mug full of coffee flavoured liquid with normal milk, no froth?

Col

Short of advertising Starbucks.

You can have your coffee which ever way you choose, each week there is a different themed coffee which is simply hot black coffee, from a different region of the world, that you can flavour with milk and sugar.

About £1.50 I think for a tall cup.

I personally do prefer the full fat frothy coffee, but that is because I am a full fat git :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
You learn well, young Jedi. :D
I remembered;)

(glad we had that conversation a couple of weeks ago Matt:D )

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Col

As I was reading it I was thinking where's the sick bag. :eek:

brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom