Blog Section of AWF (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:20
A while back I thought about adding posts to the blog section of Access World. It received little enthusiasm but I've decided to conduct an experiment to see if it can attract some website traffic. So, I will be writing the articles myself (ahem).

If you can think of some good topics to write about, let me know in this thread. Also, feel free to rate any blog posts I add, ranging from incorrect, to rubbish, boring, useful, helpful, or great.

The blog section can be found here: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/blog/

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 20:20
Cool

I always think that DAO recordsets are supremely powerful and easy to understand compared with a lot of other programming languages..

Similarly the design of cross tab in the query editor is so superior to the experience in something like postgres or sql server...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:20
well ...... I don't know how well this will be received by the die-hard Access-focused AWF'ers, so please forgive me if you absolutely hate this idea, but .... I think the Blog section would be a good place to have "expanded content" - No I don't mean watercooler or politics stuff, but DEFINITELY something outside of JUST Access. I love Access as much as anyone, but if I owned AWF I would definitely tap into some of the wider perspectives of thought other than JUST literal access design.

Ideas:

- articles about API's and/or other programs' interoperability with Access/VBA
- articles teaching/summarizing the various back ends that play alright with Access (sql server, oracle, mariadb, mysql, postgre, whatever it is)
- articles about programming concepts, principles, humurous reminders, best practices - I would love this category especially as I feel it is the #1 thing most lacking amongst MS Office programmers; unless they have wider experience (where better principles are more often enforced and seen as fundamental), they/we/I tend to lack this. It's always relevant and is a bottomless pit of available content.
- articles about other programming languages. Why not? Additional content I really don't think is going to 'harm' AWF's standing in the Access online community, but definitely may enrich it and increase traffic.

- let people comment on articles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom