Building New Database! (1 Viewer)

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:11
Hello Dear Friends!

I'm Building New (Office Assets) Database from the very beginning, and your Help, Suggestions, Opinions and Ideas about this will be highly appreciated...

I Created a Tables and please look at it and suggest if something is incorrectly or is not well normalized.

Greatest Thanks in Advanced!

Attachments

• DEMO.accdb
    980 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:11

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Hello ReginaGreatest thanks for your Suggestions
Table Assets, what is the purpose of AccountID and AccNumberID? And why would they need seperate tables?
I Removed AccNumberID from the Database, Renamed AccountID to meaningful name "RegCodes" (It is specific field that our company uses)

You should adopt some Naming Conventions to avoid issues like the above, see...

I read the given instruction and will use Naming Conventions....

I have One Question, I have to Create one Table "PcComps" (PC Components) with known fields: (Processor, Mainboard, Hdd, Svga, Lan, Wi-fi .... etc...)
Now I'm thinking how to connect to the Tables and Normalize it, Because that will be used when "Desktop", "Notebook" Will be registered to my user.. If I link it globally to the table it will be displayed with every products...

Thank You Very Much In Advanced

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Let's think about this... A entity will have a PC which will contain a motherboard, hard drive, etc... Why wouldn't you connect that to the part. Better yet, add a tblComponents to attach to tblParts.

Perhaps you should explain *exactly* what you want to accomplish.

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Regina

I did something like: On my table BsCodes on field BscodesID (Autonumber) I related a table "tblparts" BsCode (Number)
I think it is good variant, what do you think about this?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
What tblParts? I don't have that table so I can't see how it's related to anything else...

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Regina
Here is the demo, I related the table, but it says: " You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table"
Very Strange

Attachments

• DEMO.accdb
    1 MB · Views: 88

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Right because the way yoy related it there must be a BsCode in both tblParts and tblBsCodes that match. So, if there is no record in BsCodes then Parts won't take it.

I am still not sure I understand your Relationships... what is BsCodes used for?

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Regina

In "BsCodes" (I'll Rename It lately With meaningful name) table there are only Unique fields. For Example In Table "Assets" You Can see the fields such as: ProductCategory, Dealer, Brand, Product, Model, PartNumber, UnitPrice Quantity etc....
In "BsCodes" I have: ItemCode, SerialNumber, Department, Emploee etc..
When having 20 Identical products (They have different ItemCodes, SerialNumb, May have different users and may be in different locations and departments. Everything must be tracked).
So I Linked (Related) that 2 tables with PK-FK (Then i decided to link tblparts table too)
On the form displayed the product information and on my sub-form (Which is hidden by default, click Green arrow to see) is displayed additional information about the product(s) SerialNumbers, ItemNumber, Employee(who works with the product) Location, Department.

If you think that this data-structure (Table Structure) is not well designed then suggest me what would you do in my place

Thank you very much for the help!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay, so if I understand this Asset is the main item and Parts are just components of the Asset. Then BsCodes is the junction table linked to Employees.

Then Parts should be linked to Assets and you can link BsCodes to Employees

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom