Calendar (1 Viewer)

daverskully

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:59
Using an activeX calendar. I have 2 questions.

1) Is it possible to have certain dates always highlighted in the calendar so the user can clearly see these dates. What I'm looking for specifically is to have each second thursday always highlighted with another color.

2) Using a seperate form and calendar than the one above, how would I go about using a calendar to search for old records (apply a query to it maybe, but how would I do that?) so that when I click on a date, the records for that specific date are opened.

I really appreciate any help that anyone can offer with either question. If you leave an answer in code, can you please clearly define what you named each item that I may need to replace, i.e. Calendar, Date, etc., because I'm not incredibly familar with using code.

Thanks in advance for the help, I will be able to respond quickly if you have any questions or if I didn't explain anything clearly.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:59
I would recommend using one of these instead of the ActiveX calendar. Then you can get the calendar to look and act any way you want.

Last edited:

daverskully

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:59
Awesome link, thanks for the post.. I'm going to try to implement one on the site. Can either of the things that I've posted be done with an activeX though?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:59
I haven't a clue. I have not worked with the ActiveX calendar.

AREKKUSU

Local time
Today, 15:59
I too am trying to use the ActiveX calendar - i'm doing an A-level project, so downloading something from the internet is not a feasible thing to do, it needs to be within the realms of microsoft access or excel.

I'm trying to put a calendar in somewhere that will have certain dates in a different colour - these would be dates that have appeared in the booking system i'm making.

M

Mike375

Using an activeX calendar. I have 2 questions.

2) Using a seperate form and calendar than the one above, how would I go about using a calendar to search for old records (apply a query to it maybe, but how would I do that?) so that when I click on a date, the records for that specific date are opened.

The calendar is set so that when you click on a date

1) It sets the value of a field or unbound text box with that date.

2) It runs macro/code for filter, change recordsource to parameter query.

I run a telemarketing business which is about securing appointments for salesmen and so diary/calendar is a big thing for us. Especially speed in being abe to see days/times that have appts made for the salesman. Years ago I tried about everything and each time came back to a tabular display.

AREKKUSU

Local time
For me, it would be quite good if I could click on a date and have the records for that date opened, but because there are only really bookings on weekends, it would be handy to know which dates are taken (e.g. by that date on the calendar changing being a different colour) - any idea how I could go about doing that?

M

Mike375

For me, it would be quite good if I could click on a date and have the records for that date opened,.....Easy

but because there are only really bookings on weekends, it would be handy to know which dates are taken (e.g. by that date on the calendar changing being a different colour) - any idea how I could go about doing that?

If it is a tabular form then you could use conditional formatting to change the colour if there is a meeting/appt scheduled.

It is also easy on a tabular form to display only those dates where a meeting or appt is scheduled by filter/query etc.

AREKKUSU

Local time
I'm only a novice using Access to be honest - i've inserted the Calendar Control 9.0 from the toolbox on a blank form in design view, but I have no idea how to use the conditional formatting.

M

Mike375

Go back to my first post, number 6 post. I have been referring to using a tabular form for the calendar/diary system, not the Active X type calendar.

21/3/08
22/3/08
23/3/08
24/2/08
25/3/08
26/3/08

Conditional formatting changes the colours or font because of a condition or conditions that exist on the record.

If you don't use the tabular form then you should go to the link RuralGuy posted on the second post on the thread. I suspect that will allow you to have the "calendar look" while at the same time being able to do lots of things.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if yuo have an activex calendar, then its unlikely you can deal with the formatting/presentation of the calendar, unless these methods are exposed

hence RuralGuys suggestion that you include a calendar designed in Access (ie just another form), in the database - there are plenty about, and you can then modify the presentation to suit your requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom