"Calibration" Database (1 Viewer)

HillTJ

Hi,

I have finally completed (if it's ever complete) my "Calibration" database. It was intended to capture measuring equipment calibration records & nominate a future re-inspection. I guess it would work for any logging of any periodic maintenance task (forklift maintenance etc). I make no claims about the (laughable) quality of the software, but it utilises a number of well recognised published routines. It is the most "complete" database I've written & it can optionally save a future task to outlook as well as saving attachments to a separate file. I provide no documentation, but would be happy to assist with any potential issues. I feel that the database is a "collaboration" between forum members whom have assisted immeasurably & I'm happy to share. Constructive criticism is welcome. (I know of a few things I'd like to change). If my projects of interest, I'd be happy to post a copy.

June7

AWF VIP
That's what the subforum you posted in is for. Go ahead and attach to your original post.

Sticky99

Hi HillTJ,

I am just about to do the same for our calibrated tooling, could I have a look at your DB structure, could save me a lot of time.

Cheers.

isladogs

CID Moderator
Staff member
NOTE to HillTJ
I moved this thread from Sample Databases to the General forum a few days ago to allow you to upload your file more easily & so that others can reply without needing moderator approval. If appropriate we can copy the application to sample databases later

HillTJ

Sticky99, happy to assist. Please have a go with my application. I have plans for a few tweaks, but not important for the concept. Logon with "Password" and "Password". I deleted the logo from the front tab, you could simply add your own or delete the control. Cheers & thanks to all who were involved at various stages & supported me when I got stuck. Upon load press 'shift' key to open edit mode.

Attachments

HillTJ

Micron, Really odd. They all work for me & I gave it a test prior to uploading! I'm running 32bit access 365 latest version! See whether anyone else has the problem.

Micron

AWF VIP
I just altered my level in the table. You have it as 1, which locks everything. If you are looking for feedback here's what I see so far (have spent most of my time with it getting around the obstacles):
- you can't click login button unless you leave the password field (e.g. you must tab out or click the combo again)
- many developers don't design with Track Name Changes turned on
- 7 form modules don't have Option Explicit set, although the code does compile. When I look at the vb editor option, Require Variable Declaration is on, but I suspect that's my setting and not yours, but I don't know.

If you don't want constructive criticism or such observations, please let us know.

HillTJ

Micron, Cool I'm here to learn. Problem I have is that I've grown with the app. I welcome other users feedback

Micron

AWF VIP
The only other things I have to offer at this time is
- I clicked on Browse, thinking that's how I see calibration records for a site and location. Got the file dialog, which I closed. You should trap the error message for when nothing is selected.
- you might consider UNC paths rather than S:\, unless no user will ever have a different drive label

I assume that your application will not be used to calibrate tools or equipment where the use of said tool/equipment falls under the auspices of a quality management system, so it will probably suit your purpose quite fine and is a good start. Lack of data in the tables means there's not much to play with, but I suspect you weren't expecting anyone to do that. I haven't read through a lot of the code; figuring I'll give others a chance to chime in.

HillTJ

Micron, excellent, yes I should have thought of supplying some demo data.

HillTJ

Sticky99, Upon using the database, I added another table & another field to capture "Category" so that I can filter by "Electrical Test & Tag", "Fire Equipment","Inspection Instruments", "Forklift Inspection" & so on. If the database shows promise for you, then I'd be happy to upload this version.

HillTJ

Sticky99, Am in the process of making a few mods. Found that the code for saving PDF's added an extra "". Also got to fix print filtered records routine, but have improved form layout. I found these issues when I went to add real data. Give me a few days to fix & I'd be happy to post a revised version. Meantime, you should be able to have a look @ my database structure that is essentially unchanged.

HillTJ

Sticky99, See file attached. I've made some improvements & debugs. Still prints reports as PDF's to file (that you nominate). You can print out the report from there. I'll do a print button, but it may take a while before I can get around to it. File has data that you can test. Let me know how you go. Cheers HillTJ. PS - To log on select user as "Password" & Password = 'password" (note all lower case. You should then have administrator rights.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sticky99

Hi HillTJ,

Thanks for that, I'll have a play around with it and try and fit it to my requirements.

Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom