Can anyone help me understand if a macro can do this? (1 Viewer)

absolutered03

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:06
First off, I am not very good with Access. I took a class at a community college, and withdrew halfway through.

I've been trying to design a database to replace an excel file we use that is extremely cumbersome.

I think I have the design all setup correctly...at least it works with some sample data.

But this is the part of class I think i missed:

I have a table which holds the answers to a questionaire picked on a FORM i made for that table. There are several questions: Did the user welcome the caller?, Was the user profressional?, etc. These questions on the FORM are answered using a pull-down combo-box that i've linked to another table called tblValues. That table has 1 column, values, and three records under that column: YES, NO, N/A

So, each of the questions on the form calls that column in tblValues to populate the responses.

For each set of these questions, there needs to be a score, calculated by adding the total yes responses, and total no responses.

Then this formula is applied to the sums of the answers:
[Total Yes Responses]/([Total Yes Repsonses]+[Total No Responses]) * [Percentage value for set of questions]

Is there a way to do this using macros? I've been trying to find an answer for a few days now, and would be ever so greatful if someone could point me in the right direction...

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:06
First off, I am not very good with Access. I took a class at a community college, and withdrew halfway through.

I've been trying to design a database to replace an excel file we use that is extremely cumbersome.

I think I have the design all setup correctly...at least it works with some sample data.

But this is the part of class I think i missed:

I have a table which holds the answers to a questionaire picked on a FORM i made for that table. There are several questions: Did the user welcome the caller?, Was the user profressional?, etc. These questions on the FORM are answered using a pull-down combo-box that i've linked to another table called tblValues. That table has 1 column, values, and three records under that column: YES, NO, N/A

So, each of the questions on the form calls that column in tblValues to populate the responses.

For each set of these questions, there needs to be a score, calculated by adding the total yes responses, and total no responses.

Then this formula is applied to the sums of the answers:
[Total Yes Responses]/([Total Yes Repsonses]+[Total No Responses]) * [Percentage value for set of questions]

Is there a way to do this using macros? I've been trying to find an answer for a few days now, and would be ever so greatful if someone could point me in the right direction...

A Macro can:
  • Process any information that is available in a table, Form Control, or in the result of a query.
  • Process and store the information in any Form Control or Table Column that is available.
  • Modify the attributes of a Form, Report, or any of their Controls.
  • Lots of other things
A Macro is often used for:
  • Allowing the same Function or Procedure to be performed by more than one part of the application.
  • Allowing a repetitive process (printing multiple Labels, etc.)
  • Controlling processing that could result in errors.
I am not sure what you want to use yours for, but you can see that a Macro should have the ability to get you in the right direction.

What is the layout of your tables/forms (to help determine the approach)?

absolutered03

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:06
The layout is basically as follows:

TblCalls:
Employee
Date
Welcome
Professional
CallBack
Empathy
Hold
Close
ServiceScore

The employee data is another combo-box pull down menu, pulling from tblEmployee.
Date is entered on the form
Welcome, Professional, CallBack, Empathy, Hold, Close are all combo-box pull downs pulling three response,(YES,NO,N/A), from tblValues
ServiceScore is a textbox where I need the solution to the above formula stored for each particular record.

There are several different sets of questions in the table set up the same way, but once I figure this part out, I will be able to apply it to the other sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom