database from questionnaire (1 Viewer)

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
Well that is not much good is it? :(
Need to see and be able to edit the sheet as well.
sheet is editable..module you don't need..tjhis is just a small sample

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:41
I have no been able to see the sheet?, just the form? :(

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
OK, I see what you are on about now.
All I can suggest is to copy the formula before you work on the data.

You could do that with some Google javascript, the same way you would with Excel VBA.
Alternative why not ask on a Google forum, where you should get better experts on Google sheets.?

I would put a dummy row in your modulo sheet to keep the formulae intact, then copy down as far as needed.
If you do not want that, then hardcode the formula in the javascript.

You need to start googling for Google Sheets Javascript.

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
but i don't have a clue of java script though
don't understand the way to copy the formula..manually everytime??

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
but i don't have a clue of java script though
Nor did I a few years back, but learnt the basics for what I needed to do. Of course I have forgotten it all now and it was a hard slog anyway. :)
You could just copy manually when you have a completed sheet?

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
the sheet is in progress..that module is a quetionnaire that will be updated daily moe or less..

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
the sheet is in progress..that module is a quetionnaire that will be updated daily moe or less..
So just collect the days data and copy to another sheet/workbook and use that?
So in fact if you had another workbook with all your formulae etc, and an empty sheet that those formulae refer to, you could copy the sheet and paste into the second workbook?

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
it is too complicated..this must be used from operator..they just need to fill the questionnaire, and when they need go to the sheet and make their filtering to get datas they want

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
it is too complicated..this must be used from operator..they just need to fill the questionnaire, and when they need go to the sheet and make their filtering to get datas they want
Well if they cannot perform a simple copy and paste there is no hope for them :(

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
come on..this is not the point, there are some need that must be accomplished
You either do everything for them, which you have admitted you cannot do, or you make it as easy as possible for them.
If I was your operator, I would have no issue copying a ramge, as long as you showed me how to do it, if I did not know.

I once created a database for my last place of work, to calculate and report on commisions.
When I was going on holiday I had to show a colleague what was needed to be done. there was a manual as well.
After showing him how it worked, he commented 'that seems simple enough'
I responded with 'You do not know how much hard work went into getting it to look that simple' :)

I have asked before, Why can you not just use what was entered in the form and filter on that? :(
You are just replacing one value with another to indicate what that value was?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:41
Is each user using his own copy of the survey?
Is the user always adding rows to an existing survey or is a new one created every day?

I haven't looked at at the google sheets. But, you should be able to import the data from them the same way you import the data from Excel?

If they are not all sharing ONE sheet, why can't they just use Excel and send you their response at the end of every day? Or if they are using Google sheets, can you just pick it up every day?

You can do the analysis using Access. Google sheets contains a lot of the functionality of Excel but not all of it so I can't advise you on what would work and what wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom