Can Parameters Appear in a Drop Down Box? (1 Viewer)

JenniferF

Local time
Today, 19:36
I need to generate reports that have the ability to be filtered by what a user selects in a drop down box.

Is it possible to specify the parameters available to users (for multiple parameters) in a drop down box, instead of them typing it in?

I'm sure this is in reference material somewhere, but I have not been able to locate it.

Thanks In Advance,
Jenn

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
In the Criteria field of the query refer to the Combo box on the form like this:

[Forms]![YourFormName]![ComboBoxName].Column(x)

Replace the 'x' in the Column number with the column that contains the data that you want the query to use and remember that Access counts the Columns starting at 0 (zero).

HTH,
Jack

JenniferF

Local time
Jack,

Thank you for your help.

One more question - Is there a way that the user can select more than one criterion in the combo box?

Thanks,
Jenn

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Jenn -

You can only select one item from a Combo box. To select multiple items you will need to use a List Box. If you want to pass multiple criteria to a query then let me know and I will send you an article that will show you how to do that.

HTH,
Jack

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Jenn -

This article will show you how to prompt the user to enter multiple criteria. You will need to save the multiple selections made in the list box to a hidden text field on the form. Then the InParam Code in Method 2 of this article can get the data from that hidden field and process the the query with multiple criteia. If you have trouble with this you can email me directly and I will try and assist you.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q100/1/31.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0

HTH,
Jack

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Jenn -

If you can not figure out how to do the multiple criteria let me know as I have a demo I can send you that will show you the way. Just send me an email....

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom