Can the built in record navigator controls be made bolder? (1 Viewer)

AOSB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
I have almost completed a DB for a will writing company and they are well into beta testing. I have a comment from them regarding the visibility and ease of of use of the built in record navigator at he bottom of some of my forms. They say its too small and fiddly to use easily. Now, of course, I could hide the built in controls and put buttons and a search box etc on my forms instead. However before doing all that I just wondered if any one knows if there is a setting or a theme or something that would just make the built in record navigators a bit larger and blacker.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:40
I don't think there is. You will have to create your own Navigation controls for all your forms.

AOSB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
Thanks. So I tried to duplicate the built in Navigation controls including the search box. I thought I would make everything look like the Access built in ones but about twice as big and black. I can do it all with buttons and text boxes in the form footer but that doesn't look the same. Any ideas?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:40
it is always tricky replacing somethnig asd tried and tested as the MS navigation controls.

now the thing is, although i tend to keep the navigation controls, i rarely use single forms. I find if you have say 100 or more items to look through, you really don't want to step through them one at a time, as it is cumbersome, and loses much of the power of a database.

I tend to use continuous forms, in which case you get a slider on the RHS of the form for quick movement. If I do have a single form, I tend to emulate the binoculars tool with a hard-coded search box (as I finf the binoculars a trifle unwieldy) - and such a search tool is even useful for continuous forms.

I then have an expand button, so that if the full record has more fields than show on the continuous form, I can then open the full single form, to edit that one record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom