Cancel the data entered when we are half way (1 Viewer)

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Today, 14:29
Are you the only one that will use the application? If this will be used by many you can bet on one thing, chaos! People tend to forget your solution when they have a lot of work or are distracted. Writing an application is to make worklife easier or automated. That is the main question for creating an application.
So what is your suggestion Rene

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:29
The thing is, you don't need to store the quantity on hand. Its easy and quick to calculate by summing receipts and sales for the product. Once you store a calculated figure, (especially when you give users control over it) - you are almost bound to end up with the stored figure being different to the calculated figure.

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Today, 14:29
The thing is, you don't need to store the quantity on hand. Its easy and quick to calculate by summing receipts and sales for the product. Once you store a calculated figure, (especially when you give users control over it) - you are almost bound to end up with the stored figure being different to the calculated figure.
I can not set back again, I think the way to correct is this, I have tested and works. if wrongly typed the quantity let say 8 but should be six, just go ahead with next record and make a quantity -2 and it is work.
only quantity that should be keyed in, the price and every thing will come from the inventory table.

Rene vK

Local time
Today, 23:29
Sorry for the late reply, things to do.

I think you should follow @theDBguy . His solution is clear and can be understood by users. Also @Privateer has a good solution, it is the one I use in some applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom