Cannot Convert Value of Type Table to Type Text (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 14:57
Tried in Access 2016 and 2021, no PDF option for that. Maybe that's a 365 thing or some plugin you installed.

tmyers

Local time
Today, 15:57
Yeah it must be the plugin I have. I have O365 but I believe my Excel is 2016.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:57
it's weird i do have a tab Acrobat on my excel, like as if i have a plugin, but i don't have PDF in that option set that you referenced.

tmyers

Local time
I double checked and I do have Excel 2016 but I also have a plugin from BlueBeam which is another PDF editing program. I don't see anything else that would give me the ability to connect to PDF's. I swear that it has to be a built in feature to the version I have and not plugin dependent.

ebs17

Local time
Today, 21:57
What is your real concern? Would you like to have the data directly in an Access DB or is Excel your playground for this task?

For example in Access I use a freeware solution: pdftotext.exe from xpdf.

This creates a plain text file from the PDF, with various options. I can then extract the information I need from the plain text.

tmyers

Local time
What is your real concern? Would you like to have the data directly in an Access DB or is Excel your playground for this task?

For example in Access I use a freeware solution: pdftotext.exe from xpdf.

This creates a plain text file from the PDF, with various options. I can then extract the information I need from the plain text.
We have gone off on a tangent from the original question. Isaac was trying to recreate what I was doing and neither of us can figure out why PDF is a data option for me but not him lol.

As far as the original question goes, I am going to split the cost column using the $ as a delimiter and Ill manually set the other which is no biggie. I was mostly curious why the M code wasn't working when it used to.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:57
Ebs makes a good point though, in a post about a year back I recommended opening a pdf using vba text stream / FSO, and simply reading text from it, which could work depending on how the layout (lines) of the text file come out. Ebs solution may be much better if you are allowed to use a 3rd party tool like that at your corporation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom