Cannot export table to csv file from Text Export Wizard (1 Viewer)

cgardiner

Local time
Yesterday, 20:48
I am trying to export a table (Table1) from Access to a .csv file and get the following error:

"The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object 'Table1#csv'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If 'Table1#csv' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator"

None of the source tables nor output tables are named Table1. I am using the export wizard, I am not selecting to export data with formatting because I want a comma delimited text file. I have no saved Import/Export Specifications.

The steps are:
  1. From Access GUI: Right click query, select export > text file
  2. Define text file location and name (e.g. table1.csv). Do not tick boxes for Export data with formatting and layout. Select OK
  3. Select radio button “Delimited”, then Next
  4. Select radio button “Comma”, then Next, tick box “include Field Names on First row” and dropdown Text Qualifier as “
  5. On export to file prompt, reconfirm the same filename as specified in (2-), select “Finish”
  6. Don’t tick box “Save Export steps”, select “Close”
I've tried repairing the database, rebooting my computer, closing the db and recreating. There are no long integer data types (as i heard that could be an issue).

What could be wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:48
You say
I am trying to export a table (Table1) from Access to a .csv file
then
None of the source tables nor output tables are named Table1
????

Then you are selecting a query? Why not export the table???

The steps you are taking are correct, just not sure what on earth you are selecting.?
Can you upload your DB and instructions on exactly your steps, if the above if just a summary.?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 08:48
i followed your step, and found no fault when i export my query to text.
did you try opening the query first if it will open?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom