Question Cannot Open db from File or Shortcut (1 Viewer)

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:27
Recently, some users have been unable to open a shared db (un-secured) via a shortcut or direct from the file itself, yet they can if they open MS access (2003) first an THEN open the file from within.

I've checked that all users have write permissions to the folder and that mdb files 'open with Ms access 2003'.

This has happened on a few dbs recently. Could it be affected by a recent Windows/Office 2003/IE7 update that some but not all users may have?

In the meantime I've had to create a custom shortcut that includes the path to the msaccess.exe file ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE") and then the path to the db which works fine.

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, but that didn't solve the problem.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
is this a split application, or are they all opening the same copy

in which case the first user may be opening exclusive ...

but each user should have a separte copy of the dbs

Lee

Local time
Today, 10:27
One of those pesky Windows Updates hit our office last night and moved through all copies of our company database like a virus. Instead of opening the database our workstations got the message "Security Profile has not been set up". I worked on this all day just to open them and get my crew back to work.

But I cannot give myself the permission to save code or even compact my master copy, since I am unable to open the database exclusively. It also refuses to allow me to give myself that permission.Since when does a front end copy require exclusive use of the back end??? Any ideas??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom