Can't force new line in Report (1 Viewer)

mdg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:14
I was wondering if someone out there can take a look at a control box I have in a report which I am having difficulty getting line breaks in. I would like to separate each control with a space ([Observations], [Commendables] and [[correctiveActionRequired]) as well as a line after some text. I'm trying to use the &chr(13)&chr(10) to do this. See below, this is how I have it now and am stuck basically. I do get a new line after each control but when I try to add an additional line or add a line after text it doesn't work.

="<b><u>Observation(s):</b></u>" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Observations] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "<b><u>Commendable(s):</b></u>" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " " & [Commendables] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " <b><u>CORRECTIVE ACTION:</b></u>" & [CorrectiveActionrequired] & " If you have questions regarding this audit report please contact Mr. " & [coaname] & ", National Maritime Center - REC " & [city] & ", at " & [phone] & " or email: " & [email2] & "." & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEND OF REPORTXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

When I run the Report this is how I want it to look:

Observation(s):
1. Previous Admin Audit. REC Long Beach had conducted a previous administrative audit in November 2010.
Corrective Action. No corrective action is pending from a previous admin audit.
2. Site Approval. A primary site approval letter was not on file.
Corrective Action. Submit a request for a primary site approval letter along with a course list to this office for approval.
3. Coast Guard Shield/Emblem. You are utilizing an unapproved Coast Guard Shield/Emblem on your Course certificates and school brochures.
Corrective Action. Remove the unauthorized Coast Guard Shield/Emblem from all advertisements and course materials. Neither the Coast Guard Seal nor the Emblem may be reproduced outside the Coast Guard without approval.

Commendable(s):
1. Student Records were very organized and easy to inspect with no errors noted.
2. Facility is well maintained with well equipped and modern classrooms conducive to learning.
3. Training aids placement outstanding.

CORRECTIVE ACTION: See Observation 2, 3. You have 30 days (June 27, 2011) from the date of this report to complete any corrective actions. If you have questions regarding this audit report please contact Mr. John Doe National Maritime Center - REC Long Beach, at 562-555-1212 or email: Address@emal.net

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEND OF REPORTXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Looks like you are using HTML so you need to use the br tag instead of the Chr(13) & Chr(10) parts and it needs to be inside the quotes.

mdg

Registered User.
Local time
Looks like you are using HTML so you need to use the br tag instead of the Chr(13) & Chr(10) parts and it needs to be inside the quotes.

That was exactly what I needed. I guess I should learn more about tags etc. Thank so Much for your prompt reply.

mdg

Registered User.
Local time
boblarson - you saved the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom