Cant get a value on reports!! (1 Viewer)

DaniBoy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:24
Hello,
I have a form that has a checkbox called Void. When I check the chkbox I have it to display a picture that says "VOID" it all works great on the form.

Now, I have a report that gets its source from the form. Everything works goos but the checkbox.

I put the same pictures on the report and tried to do an If statement on the event On_page. When I type "If Void." I cant get the value constant for that control.

What I want is to make the pic visible if the checkbox is true else invisible.

If Void.value = True then
VoidPic.Visible = true
else
VoidPic.Value = False
End if

Thanks
DaniBoy

DaniBoy

Registered User.
Local time
There is no on_format or print events

I looked for the on_format or print event on the reports events and could not find does events. Let me explain what is wrong again and try to be more clear on my explanation.

I have a form called "frmCorrectionForms" that has a check box called "chkVOID". On the frmCorrectionForm, when ever a user has to void an entry, he can just check the chkVoid checkbox and I have an image appear that says "VOID". This works fine on the frmCorrectionForm.

What I need:

I want this to be the same on the report. What I mean is that if the checkbox chkVoid is = true, I want to be able to display the VOID image.
I did the same code on the report on_page event as on the Form_current event on the form so it would check for this on each report page.

Form Code:

Private Sub Form_Current()
If chkVoid.Value = True Then
VoidPic.Visible = True
Else
VoidPic.Visible = False
End If
End Sub

Report Code

Private Sub Report_Page()
If chkVoid.Value = True Then
VoidPic.Visible = True
Else
VoidPic.Visible = False
End If
End Sub

The problem I have is that "I dont know why?" when I am typing the code, I get the drop down list that has all the properties for that object but I dont get the "value" property for it. So I type it in anyway. Well It does not work. When I run the report I always have the VOID image on the report even if the chkVoid is true.

I dont understand what is going on with this.

Thanks
DaniBoy

R

Rich

The events are part of the Detail section events, either OnFormat or OnPrint

DaniBoy

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Rich

I now understand what you were talking about!! I didnt know about the properties on the detail bar. It is working fine now!!

Thanks!!

DaniBoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom