can't log on to database (1 Viewer)

odun

Registered User.
Local time
, 17:34
Hi all,

I was playing with passwords for one of my access db.

I tried opening the db with the password, but it won't work. So, I thought I forgot the password. I checked some posts on this forum that helped in retrieving the password and it's the same that I have been trying. I am not sure if the Name is correct, is there a way to retrieve the log on name?

I also noticed that when I try opening any other db on my system, it asks me to log on, I though I was only applying a password to one file.

Please help

Thanks!

Smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:34
I had the same problems with our dbases.the problem turned out to be with the workgroup admin file (wrkgadm.exe) it had been linked inadvertantly to a dbase with a uname and password . If memory serves it was an access 97 dbase and this was how it was fixed
C:\programfiles\microsoft office\office\1033\wrkgadm.exe
double click on the file wrkgadm.exe
join
browse
C:\programfiles\microsoft office\office\system
click on system click on open

Not sure how to do it in later versions of Access
However if you select tools then security then user then user-level security wizard.
The first screen mentions work group information files

odun

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Smart.

I am using Access 2003. I tried searching the forum but the suggestions are not working..

I can't even open a blank database without access asking me for password e.t.c. and the password is not working even though it is the correct password.

If I reinstall my access, would it work?

Thanks

odun

Registered User.
Local time
It's solved...I played with creating something and it now works.

Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom