Changes to Access World Forums (1 Viewer)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 02:53
Let me know what you think.

Change? Hooray! Bring it on! Make it better. Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
Ch-ch-ch-changes! Thanks for popping in Jon!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 18:53
Jon:

Just in case you don't get the notification from the PM's, check your PM's as I have sent you one.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Changes sound reasonable. FWIW, everytime I search for an Access or VBA-related solution, the internet search inevitably leads me here.

How about some AWF clothes?

I could see T-shirts like:

<insert funny and non-trolling statement here>

and so forth. Guaranteed to raise revenue.

Last edited:

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:53
Changes sound reasonable. FWIW, everytime I search for an Access or VBA-related solution, the internet search inevitably leads me here.

I have also had that happen a lot. I often wonder if the people on line listed as Guest on older threads have got there via Google.

Vassago

Local time
I could see T-shirts like:

"I'm the one American Colin likes!"

and so forth. Guaranteed to raise revenue.

And posts like this add nothing constructive to this thread. Can we please keep the thread on topic? The Watercooler has more than it's share of bickering threads for you to troll on.

Adam Caramon

Local time
And posts like this add nothing constructive to this thread. Can we please keep the thread on topic? The Watercooler has more than it's share of bickering threads for you to troll on.

I suppose intent does not translate well through text. Light-hearted attempt at humor, but apparently by your post I missed my mark by quite a bit. I'll edit the post, oh Super Moderator.

Vassago

Local time
I suppose intent does not translate well through text. Light-hearted attempt at humor, but apparently by your post I missed my mark by quite a bit. I'll edit the post, oh Super Moderator.

Just trying to keep the purpose of the thread on track.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Humour's not allowed on the forum anymore:rolleyes:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 18:53
Should or could people use the Report Thread button to report trolls - that might get rid of a lot of the senseless bickering posts and trolls. Then again it might mean you would need to increase the number of moderators and admins.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Should or could people use the Report Thread button to report trolls - that might get rid of a lot of the senseless bickering posts and trolls. Then again it might mean you would need to increase the number of moderators and admins.
Aren't you trolling at the minute?:rolleyes:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Humour's not allowed on the forum anymore:rolleyes:
IMHO It is allowed provided it's funny. Some so-called humour recently has been pretty lacking in wit.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
And of course some nationalities are renowned for lacking it:D

I'm surprised you would refer to yourself like that. ;)

The changes to the site might be interesting. It's hard to say without seeing it, but if it might grow the site past being just a forum site maybe it would be worth it. Not thrilled about ads, but I understand the cost issues so that's no big deal really.

More mods/admins would be good too. I would volunteer my time for the purpose of clearing spam off the boards, but I've been a bit covered up at work lately. And at home, for that matter.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:53
With the spam postings.......why not give the AWF VIP members moderating rights and they can delete them. From memory it is usually one of the AWF VIP members who post on the spam thread but they can only report. If they can delete them then the spam issue is finished.

Adam Caramon

Local time

I think first defining what the site admin's consider trolling would be a good idea. One person's joke is another person's flame, apparently.

Most sites I go to the moderators/admin would never call a poster a troll, that would be very unprofessional and rude. They'd simply send a private message to the poster and say something to the affect of "This post you made <link here> could be considered trolling" or some other sort of warning/reminder.

I don't think I have ever seen a mod/admin publicly label a person a troll.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
What is the point of the 9 sticky posts in the general forum? They have a total of over 280 posts between them.

Who in their right mind is going to read all that before posting, just in case it happens to apply to them.

If a new poster is going to post a problem, they just post it. You can tell the fact they never read the stickies by reading their posts.

Total waste of time.

Col

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
What is the point of the 9 sticky posts in the general forum? They have a total of over 280 posts between them.

Who in their right mind is going to read all that before posting, just in case it happens to apply to them.

If a new poster is going to post a problem, they just post it. You can tell the fact they never read the stickies by reading their posts.

Total waste of time.

Col

stickeys are not locked. that's the fricken problem. stick it and lock it, otherwise 50 2 cents worths are thrown in everytime

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
stickeys are not locked. that's the fricken problem. stick it and lock it, otherwise 50 2 cents worths are thrown in everytime
Colin is correct! It is quite obvious that new posters do not read the stickies before posting even if there are no extra bits in the stickies.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Colin is correct! It is quite obvious that new posters do not read the stickies before posting even if there are no extra bits in the stickies.

There's an example in the new posts now - "Help please!" now that's a really helpful title:rolleyes:

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom