Changing datatype after completion (1 Viewer)

realmadrid

Princess
Local time
Today, 22:49
hi, i have a database in access 2007 which is workin vry mch f9. now i want to change the data type of one of the attribute (Complaint_KPI date/time to number).. can i do that???

the problem is when i try to open the database in design view, it gives the following message: "either an object bound to table 'customer' is open or another user has the table open. do you want to open the table as read-only???

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:49
Why do you want to change a date data type? The date data type is normally the best data type for dates/times because there are lots of ways you can manipulate the date thereafter.

To answer your question, you should be able to go into design mode and change the data type. However, if the database in on the server and someone else has it open, then it is essentially locked for editing.

Also, if the database is on your local computer and the computer was shut down while the database was still open, then the database will think it is being used. Best way to cure this is open the database, then close it then open it again.

Is anyone else able to log on to the computer? If they have locked it then you'll have to delete the ldb file as an administrator.

Finally, you can't edit tables that you already have open. So if you have a form open that is using a table, then close it so you can edit the table.

hth
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom