Charts in Access Report (1 Viewer)

timoteob

Local time
Today, 11:31
I am attempting to put a chart in my report. I have found some help online and understand the basics well enough to get a an actual chart in my report. But, I am have problems getting it to display the data correctly. I want to see if what I am attempting is even possible before I go further.

I have a simple table with the following columns Name, Salary, Health Benefits, Dental Benefits, and Pension. I am attempting to make a separate pie chart for each employee that shows the each of the columns as a "slice" of the pie chart. Right now all I can get is a pie chart show each employee's salary as a slice of the chart.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited:

timoteob

Local time
So I have found a partial solution. When I right click on the cart object and select Chart Object --> Open, the chart opens in Microsoft Graph. From here I was able to to set the data series to rows. The changes the pie chart to display the data how I want it (each slice of the pie chart is one type of compensation for each employee), but now all the data for each column (pie slice) is summed for all employees. Is there a way for Access to print each employee's pie chart with the correct amount on each page?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:31
use subform and create a Link Master/Child Fields.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:31
Thanks for the Reply.

Subform or subreport? I am a little confused as this db does not use forms at all.
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Or maybe you could try grouping by employee ID and use the group section to display the chart/graph.

Just a thought...

timoteob

Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Or maybe you could try grouping by employee ID and use the group section to display the chart/graph.

Just a thought...
Thanks for the welcome!

I followed your suggestion and made some progress, now I have a page for each employee, however every pie chart displays the same data on every page. For testing purposes I put a text box linked to the employee's name in the group section and it changes on each page, but the chart still displays the same data.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:31
Thanks for the welcome!

I followed your suggestion and made some progress, now I have a page for each employee, however every pie chart displays the same data on every page. For testing purposes I put a text box linked to the employee's name in the group section and it changes on each page, but the chart still displays the same data.
Hi. Did you try putting the chart in the Group Header or Footer section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom